• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

So as you guys know, Doughty still has yet to sign a contract with LA.

Do you think we should send an offer sheet?

Should we try and trade for his rights?

Even though we signed Commodore and White I believe we should do whatever it takes to get this kid.

I just have a feeling he will end up one of the all time greats in his position.

I would have no problem sending him a 10 year 70 mill offer sheet and losing those 1st round picks.

Or a trade involving any combination of Filppula, Hudler, Ericsson, Emmerton, Mursak, 1st round picks (not all together but some combo of these guys).

Thoughts?
be about it!

#2 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

I wish...

Totally not gonna happen though.

Edited by Nevermind, 04 July 2011 - 09:13 AM.

#3 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

Nothing is going to happen. Stop.

#4 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:34 AM

Nothing is going to happen. Stop.

Why? This is a discussion board.

#5 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

I'd love to have him but it seems unlikely.

#6 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

Why? This is a discussion board.

Because I said so, duh.

#7 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

Even though we signed Commodore and White I believe we should do whatever it takes to get this kid.

I just have a feeling he will end up one of the all time greats in his position.

I would have no problem sending him a 10 year 70 mill offer sheet and losing those 1st round picks.

Or a trade involving any combination of Filppula, Hudler, Ericsson, Emmerton, Mursak, 1st round picks (not all together but some combo of these guys).

Thoughts?

All of them together would still not get us Doughty
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#8 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:38 AM

If we flip enough average players and prospects at a team, they'll surely give us one of their best.

#9 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:51 AM

If we flip enough average players and prospects at a team, they'll surely give us one of their best.

They just might if they realize he is not going to sign with them. You are talking like they have him under contract which is not the case.
be about it!

#10 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

They just might if they realize he is not going to sign with them. You are talking like they have him under contract which is not the case.

Maybe. Chances are there's a dumber team willing to throw better stuff at them though.

#11 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

echos myron I agree with you but let's not forget that we have some pretty good prospects and a lot of teams I would say look up to us in that regard or to our organization. So we might have some sort of advantage but still unlikely.

Even if we somehow got Yandle or Doughty in one of thes pipedream situations I think that would mean we are going to trade either Stuart or Ericsson and or maybe Smith along with other people. Don't know if I would want that though either...

#12 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

echos myron I agree with you but let's not forget that we have some pretty good prospects and a lot of teams I would say look up to us in that regard or to our organization. So we might have some sort of advantage but still unlikely.

Even if we somehow got Yandle or Doughty in one of thes pipedream situations I think that would mean we are going to trade either Stuart or Ericsson and or maybe Smith along with other people. Don't know if I would want that though either...

I agree, but Emmerton and Mursak aren't exactly blue chippers.

#13 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

True but nevermind those two. I'm talking about Tatar, Sheahan, Callahan and or Nyquist. Also throw in like Helm or Abs in there with a 1st rounder. That seems more realistic and I wouldn't do it but that's just me.

#14 KDDRWINGS1

KDDRWINGS1

Calmer than you.

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

Our D is pretty locked up so I'd rather go after Stamkos. Maybe Stevie will give him to us at a friends discount for say Hudler, a back rub and Griffins season tickets (upper bowl).

#15 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

yep Stevie loading up before he comes back
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#16 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

Thoughts?

I would have much rather signed Doughty instead of Commodore or White but what's done is done. I would definetly be on board of trading Filps, Huds and maybe even Sturat bringing Kolosov, Pyett or Smith up to take Brads place that way we'd keep most of our youth. I don't know how realistic that is and I'm sure many of you could find flaws in this idea but I hate the thought of losing Draft Picks and or Youth becasue now-a-days so many teams are building through the draft and IMO it's very important to keep as many as possible. I'd be more content with trying to offer 3 or 4 players for him. Just my idea, but I would definetly be on board for doing what we could to get him but with already signing 3 D-Men I just can't see Kenny H looking at D anymore this season. Now I think the focus has to turn to Goaltending for sue and when Camp comes looking to see if Emmerton and or Mursak could take Draper and Modano's places.

#17 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

Our D is pretty locked up so I'd rather go after Stamkos. Maybe Stevie will give him to us at a friends discount for say Hudler, a back rub and Griffins season tickets (upper bowl).

Stevie only like the 'lower bowl'...he's a perv like that
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#18 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

I think we should send Doughty an offer sheet but I don't think we will win it because I could see LA matching it.

#19 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

There's a reason nobody is sending an offer sheet to Doughty: it's just terrible form and earns the ire of other GMs.

#20 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

It would have to involve at least one of Kindl or Smith and probably also one of Kronwall, Stuart, or Ericsson.

At least one first-round pick would be involved. Possibly two.

Probably a forward as well.

LA is pretty solid up front, and only has 5 defensemen signed on their active roster right now. So perhaps a deal like this:

Ericsson, Smith, Tatar, 1st pick.

The highest you can go under this format, of course, is:

Filppula, Kronwall, Smith, two 1sts.

Realistically, the second deal is overpayment and Holland definitely wouldn't make it. The first deal Holland might make. Don't know what LA thinks of Ericsson or what other teams would be offering, or if Doughty is even available... but that's a realistic trade. He's not worth much more than that, if at all.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."