• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
robb himself

Drew Doughty

Rate this topic

So as you guys know, Doughty still has yet to sign a contract with LA.

Do you think we should send an offer sheet?

Should we try and trade for his rights?

Even though we signed Commodore and White I believe we should do whatever it takes to get this kid.

I just have a feeling he will end up one of the all time greats in his position.

I would have no problem sending him a 10 year 70 mill offer sheet and losing those 1st round picks.

Or a trade involving any combination of Filppula, Hudler, Ericsson, Emmerton, Mursak, 1st round picks (not all together but some combo of these guys).

Thoughts?

Even though we signed Commodore and White I believe we should do whatever it takes to get this kid.

I just have a feeling he will end up one of the all time greats in his position.

I would have no problem sending him a 10 year 70 mill offer sheet and losing those 1st round picks.

Or a trade involving any combination of Filppula, Hudler, Ericsson, Emmerton, Mursak, 1st round picks (not all together but some combo of these guys).

Thoughts?

All of them together would still not get us Doughty

Guest echos myron

They just might if they realize he is not going to sign with them. You are talking like they have him under contract which is not the case.

Maybe. Chances are there's a dumber team willing to throw better stuff at them though.

echos myron I agree with you but let's not forget that we have some pretty good prospects and a lot of teams I would say look up to us in that regard or to our organization. So we might have some sort of advantage but still unlikely.

Even if we somehow got Yandle or Doughty in one of thes pipedream situations I think that would mean we are going to trade either Stuart or Ericsson and or maybe Smith along with other people. Don't know if I would want that though either...

Guest echos myron

echos myron I agree with you but let's not forget that we have some pretty good prospects and a lot of teams I would say look up to us in that regard or to our organization. So we might have some sort of advantage but still unlikely.

Even if we somehow got Yandle or Doughty in one of thes pipedream situations I think that would mean we are going to trade either Stuart or Ericsson and or maybe Smith along with other people. Don't know if I would want that though either...

I agree, but Emmerton and Mursak aren't exactly blue chippers.

Our D is pretty locked up so I'd rather go after Stamkos. Maybe Stevie will give him to us at a friends discount for say Hudler, a back rub and Griffins season tickets (upper bowl).

Thoughts?

I would have much rather signed Doughty instead of Commodore or White but what's done is done. I would definetly be on board of trading Filps, Huds and maybe even Sturat bringing Kolosov, Pyett or Smith up to take Brads place that way we'd keep most of our youth. I don't know how realistic that is and I'm sure many of you could find flaws in this idea but I hate the thought of losing Draft Picks and or Youth becasue now-a-days so many teams are building through the draft and IMO it's very important to keep as many as possible. I'd be more content with trying to offer 3 or 4 players for him. Just my idea, but I would definetly be on board for doing what we could to get him but with already signing 3 D-Men I just can't see Kenny H looking at D anymore this season. Now I think the focus has to turn to Goaltending for sue and when Camp comes looking to see if Emmerton and or Mursak could take Draper and Modano's places.

Our D is pretty locked up so I'd rather go after Stamkos. Maybe Stevie will give him to us at a friends discount for say Hudler, a back rub and Griffins season tickets (upper bowl).

Stevie only like the 'lower bowl'...he's a perv like that

It would have to involve at least one of Kindl or Smith and probably also one of Kronwall, Stuart, or Ericsson.

At least one first-round pick would be involved. Possibly two.

Probably a forward as well.

LA is pretty solid up front, and only has 5 defensemen signed on their active roster right now. So perhaps a deal like this:

Ericsson, Smith, Tatar, 1st pick.

The highest you can go under this format, of course, is:

Filppula, Kronwall, Smith, two 1sts.

Realistically, the second deal is overpayment and Holland definitely wouldn't make it. The first deal Holland might make. Don't know what LA thinks of Ericsson or what other teams would be offering, or if Doughty is even available... but that's a realistic trade. He's not worth much more than that, if at all.

It would have to involve at least one of Kindl or Smith and probably also one of Kronwall, Stuart, or Ericsson.

At least one first-round pick would be involved. Possibly two.

Probably a forward as well.

LA is pretty solid up front, and only has 5 defensemen signed on their active roster right now. So perhaps a deal like this:

Ericsson, Smith, Tatar, 1st pick.

The highest you can go under this format, of course, is:

Filppula, Kronwall, Smith, two 1sts.

Realistically, the second deal is overpayment and Holland definitely wouldn't make it. The first deal Holland might make. Don't know what LA thinks of Ericsson or what other teams would be offering, or if Doughty is even available... but that's a realistic trade. He's not worth much more than that, if at all.

Although you may be right that it would take a package like this to move Doughty there is literally zero chance Holland would make that move.

There's a reason nobody is sending an offer sheet to Doughty: it's just terrible form and earns the ire of other GMs.

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding

Kevin Lowe showed how not to do the job of a GM is out of a job now because of it... the only other GM that comes to mind to sign someone to an offer-sheet, in the cap-era, is Doug "sign and trade" Wilson and I'm sure he'll be out of a job in SJ soon enough as well, as he is going to very likely crash and burn with other GM's and agents alike... and good luck being a GM when you can't negotiate with agents for contracts, or other GM's for trades...

Although you may be right that it would take a package like this to move Doughty there is literally zero chance Holland would make that move.

I said that was the highest deal my "format" would lead to, and was probably overpayment. I also said Holland wouldn't make it.

Learn. To. Read.

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding

Kevin Lowe showed how not to do the job of a GM is out of a job now because of it... the only other GM that comes to mind to sign someone to an offer-sheet, in the cap-era, is Doug "sign and trade" Wilson and I'm sure he'll be out of a job in SJ soon enough as well, as he is going to very likely crash and burn with other GM's and agents alike... and good luck being a GM when you can't negotiate with agents for contracts, or other GM's for trades...

Don't forget Clarke signing Kesler to that offer sheet not long after the lockout ended.

It's actually funny looking back...that offer was for just under 2m, and was considered a largely inflated offer sheet. Imagine if the Canucks hadn't matched and had just let him walk.

Edited by Zetts

Don't forget Clarke signing Kesler to that offer sheet not long after the lockout ended.

It's actually funny looking back...that offer was for just under 2m, and was considered a largely inflated offer sheet. Imagine if the Canucks hadn't matched and had just let him walk.

I completely forgot about that one... that one is a great example of my point too, because even though it didn't go through, where's Clarke GM'ing these days? It's just poor practice and will eventually come back to bite a GM in the ass... thanks for the memory refresher! :thumbup:

In regards to your second point, no kidding, that would have been a colossal steal!