• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

FYl, just wanted to post this link. Other than getting a back up goalie, it looks like Holland is done for now.

http://detnews.com/a...0346/1128/rss16

Looking at the depth chart in the article, I'm good with the team going into the 2011-12 season. I know we've had two straight 2nd round exits, but I think fatigue from the 2007-2009 playoff runs had something to do with it. I think some extra rest will help out next year.

Also, depending on revenues from this year, next year we already have $29 million cap space available.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#2 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

has he talked to babcock?

#3 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

“We like our team, but we’re ready to make another move or two—whether it’s a signing or a trade—to make our team better this summer,” Holland said.

http://www.kuklaskor...-up_goaltender/

He's not going to say "Damn we're in need of a top-tier d-man that I hope to get via trade." You know... because he doesn't want to get rail-roaded by the team he wants to trade with.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#4 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

Before LGW has another "Kenny suckz!" uproar please read the quote below. In fact, the OP might want to edit and add this into the OP.

“We like our team, but we’re ready to make another move or two—whether it’s a signing or a trade—to make our team better this summer,” Holland said.

#5 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

"We feel good with the people we have" =/= "We aren't going to make anymore moves"

For person who negged me =/= means "does not equal" Grow up.

Edited by Shaman464, 04 July 2011 - 05:08 PM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#6 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

Aw f*** you, Drake!... Think you're so much better than me with your more timely posts... :hehe:

#7 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

Aw f*** you, Drake!... Think you're so much better than me with your more timely posts... :hehe:

:lol: It was just luck on my part.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#8 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

:lol: It was just luck on my part.

I like how we both made that one part of the quote that much bigger for people to notice.

But I just realized that some people probably won't read the thread before posting.

#9 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

Nevermind. I misread something and already posted an enormously funny joke about it. Then read again and now I feel like a genius.

Edited by P. Marlowe, 04 July 2011 - 04:44 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#10 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

Reasons i'm optimistic:
I like the projected edge our D can now bring. With the exception of Lidstrom, every defensman is capable and likely to punish you at every opportunity.
The offense was 2nd last season, I don't see that big a drop off next year provided our new coaching staff can revamp the system we've been using since Bowman.
I do hope and expect to see Howard feed off his playoff performance and improve his regular season numbers.
RIP #24

#11 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

He's not going to say "Damn we're in need of a top-tier d-man that I hope to get via trade." You know... because he doesn't want to get rail-roaded by the team he wants to trade with.

Long time no see drake, but if you keep on bringing info like this to the table than keep coming back... I really hope this is true and that a trade or two will be made.

Hudler for Hedberg and David Clarkson maybe? I would like that one, get another Mccarty and a solid backup

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#12 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

Long time no see drake, but if you keep on bringing info like this to the table than keep coming back... I really hope this is true and that a trade or two will be made.

Hudler for Hedberg and David Clarkson maybe? I would like that one, get another Mccarty and a solid backup

Thanks. I'm hoping we'll see Holland trade for Yandle. He's welcome to trade almost anyone for him. Yandle's going to be a stud for another decade. :thumbup:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#13 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

thanks for highlighting this. No one will see it sadly :)
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#14 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:41 PM

Thanks. I'm hoping we'll see Holland trade for Yandle. He's welcome to trade almost anyone for him. Yandle's going to be a stud for another decade. :thumbup:

Can only imagine the 180 some posters here will make if we end up signing that guy.

Posted Image

#15 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

Looking at the lines/depth chart I have to say I'm pretty happy with what we have as long as we find a capable Back-up Goalie for Jimmy Howard and IMO that means NOT ReSigning Ozzie. Conks, Larsson or someone else. I only have one question. After looking at the lines in the article it has Brad Sturat Pairing with Nicklas Lidstrom on the Top Definsive line; is that what the Wings will ACTUALLY be going with and is that ideal or was the article just listing players in no paticular order except for positions?? I would almost rather see Kronwall or Big E team with Liddy. Kronner seems a little bit stronger but Big E could learn a lot from Liddy on that line thus making him a better D-man and a better signing in the long run.

Edited by Dimaline312000, 04 July 2011 - 05:42 PM.

#16 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

Can only imagine the 180 some posters here will make if we end up signing that guy.

The delicious crow eating would be so awesome. :cool:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#17 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

24, puts up points, not a *****. Plus, the Wings have had a really good look at him in the last 2 postseasons. He'd be an unbelievable addition to the Wings.

#NOMOREKINDL

#18 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

Lidstrom for Komisarek (e5)

#19 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

Any chance the Coyotes are just looking to move defensemen in general? Or is it just Yandle who wants out? Cause if it's the former then I'd definitely see what they would want for Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

#20 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

idk what young top defense men are rfa/ufa next year but i think holland needs to try to grab one of the few that are up for grabs right now.

if he tries to trade for one of them next year its going to cost them an arm and a leg