• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Red Wings Sign Conklin and Exelby?

Rate this topic

NHLSourcesSay Charlie B #RedWings have agreed to terms with Ty Conklin (contract details to come) and Garnett Exelby (2 way, 1 year deal)

Interesting moves if true. I like Conks, glad to have him back. Exelby is an interesting signing, good depth in GR and in case of injuries.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Tight. I got mad love for Conks. Makes me feel much better about our goalie situation.

And as for Exelby, he looks like a monster. Could be real fun to watch.

Tight. I got mad love for Conks. Makes me feel much better about our goalie situation.

And as for Exelby, he looks like a monster. Could be real fun to watch.

Exelby will be a GR player, unless Kindl is dealt in a trade and he wins the 7th spot in camp...

I'm glad Conks is back, I think the abhorred D in front of him in St. Louis last year made his numbers worse than his play actually is... he'll never be confused with a #1 netminder, but he's a damn solid backup and an even better guy from everything I've read... a team can never have too much good character in the locker room

Welcome back, Conks. You were good in a Red Wings sweater, hopefully you regain that. Exelby will be a nice Grand Rapids signing.

I imagine that Conklin's price tag is also low enough that we still have a considerable amount of room to not only sign another forward, but also have a little room at the trade deadline.

Welcome back, Conks. You were good in a Red Wings sweater, hopefully you regain that. Exelby will be a nice Grand Rapids signing.

I imagine that Conklin's price tag is also low enough that we still have a considerable amount of room to not only sign another forward, but also have a little room at the trade deadline.

Well not only that, but there would have to be a trade for us to add another player, so there would be that cap coming off the books as well... there won't be anymore straight up signings, at least not without a trade happening first and even then I don't see us trading, to then sign a FA - any roster changes from here, will be traded assets for traded assets, unless it's a GR signing...

Edited by stevkrause

Not saying this isn't true, but nothing from Mlive, TSN or NHL.

Conklin is due for a rebound season, hes good for 20-30 games, which would be good to keep Howard rested

Exelby will be in the 9-10 spot depth chart wise, as I have said before, Grand Rapids didn't resign about half its team so they need 2 of everything.

Not saying this isn't true, but nothing from Mlive, TSN or NHL.

Conklin is due for a rebound season, hes good for 20-30 games, which would be good to keep Howard rested

Exelby will be in the 9-10 spot depth chart wise, as I have said before, Grand Rapids didn't resign about half its team so they need 2 of everything.

He seems to be the most likely candidate left, so I kind of hope it's true, I'd like to see him back here

I personally like the Conks sign. He had his career year with the wings and proved to us that he is indeed a solid backup. Considering it probably didn't take much to lock him up.. we still have plenty of room under the cap to make a deal either now or at the deadline. Good move Kenny!