• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Kaberle signs with Carolina

Rate this topic

Tomas Kaberle has signed a three-year, $12.75 million deal to play for the Carolina Hurricanes.

Kaberle had been the longest tenured member of the Toronto Maple Leafs, before being dealt at the trade deadline to the Boston Bruins. He helped Boston win their first Stanley Cup since 1990.

He had four goals and 43 assists between the two teams last season, and played all 82 games.

The 33-year-old from the Czech Republic has 84 goals and 445 assists in 902 career games.

Per Darren Dreger / TSN

Not a bad deal for Canes.

I dunno. the guy has been brutal in playoffs for the Bruins.

and even before that he wasn't really all roses with the Maple Laughs...

he's still a solid defenseman, but 4,25 a year... sounds to me veeeery 2011, i.e. bit too much inflated... ;)

Guest echos myron

Thinking everything is an overpayment sounds to me veeeery 2011.

Carolina is becoming a Toronto graveyard. Paul Maurice as coach, Tomas Kaberle, Jiri Tlusty, Jay Harrison, Tim Brent and Alexei Ponikarovsky. What's next? Sign Bryan McCabe? :lol:

Larry Murphy and Bob Rouse. :scared:

One of the most overrated players in the league

not necessarily. he is a decent D-man

but he did play in Toronto, hence he was overhyped and, considering he was one of their better and

more constant player, there was no chance for him to escape being overrated (by Toronto media) :D

I'm kinda ready to bet, his stock will rise once playing with less media pressure in Carolina ;)

Guest Crymson

not necessarily. he is a decent D-man

but he did play in Toronto, hence he was overhyped and, considering he was one of their better and

more constant player, there was no chance for him to escape being overrated (by Toronto media) :D

I'm kinda ready to bet, his stock will rise once playing with less media pressure in Carolina ;)

He sucked in Boston as well, and they won the Cup.

I think this is a weird move for him. It seemed like he was linked to Boston for years, he finally gets traded there, wins a Stanley Cup and then leaves for Carolina, who has ZERO shot at winning anything. Did Boston not offer anything and if they did, how much different could it have been from Carolina's offer?

Edited by xtrememachine1

The only way he was going back to boston is if he offered to pay Marchant's raise himself and personally waxed the Red Auerbach (Famous Celtics coach in 50s-70s) Statue and Pavilion near the TD Garden.

He basically was going to have to play for them for a discount, the fans, media, owners, gm, and most importantly Cam Neely (Neely a rumor, but he has a big impact on what the team does) are not happy at all with how he turned out. Guys like Peverly and Kelly would be given more money in Boston than Kaberle, right now.

It is however rumored they offered him a two year deal, but was a thank you offer from what I am hearing.

Chiarelli, is being given a lot of credit for walking away from Kaberle around here. People are impressed he was able to walk away, given the fact of what they gave up to get the guy.