• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pasha 13

Keith Yandle reportedly re-signs

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Officially

To be a downer, he's only making $2M more than Ericsson for about 4 times the offensive production.

To put things into perspective, his was a bargain price. Ericsson's was not.

So,... I wonder if Gary was in on the negotiations. It is his team after all.

Spector (the #1 guy on the net for legitimate rumours that come from a source with non-fictional NHL connections):

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Yandle’s name has surfaced on some rumor blogs suggesting he doesn’t want to re-sign with a team lacking stable ownership and is trying to force a trade. I don’t put much stock into those rumors, but I do think it has to be an issue at some degree for the Yandle camp. I also doubt any rival team will make an offer sheet for him, since the club is owned by the NHL, whose brain trust is currently beating the bushes seeking new ownership willing to keep the club in Arizona. I think the word is out to all rival GMs not to tender an offer sheet to Yandle, as their losing him would hurt their value for potential buyers of the Coyotes.

That's from the 4th.

Sad but true. Losing Yandle would've really hurt the already terrible sellability of that team. No conspiracy theories, just realism there.

Guest Crymson

I think everyone here is forgetting that Yandle is crap defensively. Even Coyotes fans are very willing to admit that he is so.

Many of us here are showing a disturbing habit of over-idealizing players signed by other teams this offseason. Are you so eager to believe that the Wings will fail with the roster they currently have?

I think everyone here is forgetting that Yandle is crap defensively. Even Coyotes fans are very willing to admit that he is so.

Many of us here are showing a disturbing habit of over-idealizing players signed by other teams this offseason. Are you so eager to believe that the Wings will fail with the roster they currently have?

I think that's definitely a good point. Most sports fans tend to over value their own players and then get caught up with the idea of getting someone new. They project abilities onto these players and feel as though they are far better than they are. Hell, even some GMs do it and that's why there are always players who are vastly overpaid.

That being said, Yandle is definitely a rising defenseman in this league. At his age he still has room to improve his defensive game. But the production he had last season was huge. I would much rather have Yandle's contract than Wisniewski's.

You had me up until, "Coyote fans". That's when I knew we were headed into jackalope territory.

Look at Bettman, spending money like it was his.

To put this into perspective, only nine players are signed through 2012-13.

Yandle, Vrbata, Klesla, and Morris are signed through 2013-2014.

Yandle is the only Coyote signed past then.

So, stability (ownership, roster, etc.) could not possibly have been a factor in what Yandle was looking for in re-signing.