• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Why not Jamie Langenbrunner?

Rate this topic

The guy is a bigger forward, 6'1 205. He's capable of putting up 40-60 points if he's healthy and has played on his team's top lines in the past. He is a proven winner and playoff performer. He has been captain of the Devils and Team USA in the Olympics, etc.

If we could add him for $1-2 mil, why not? I think adding a player like Langenbrunner would improve our chances.

Edited by wingsownnhl43

Guest echos myron

How?

Completely gave up on the Devils after the Olympics and straight into their disastrous season last year. You think they traded their captain for no reason?

I agree with some of what's been said here.

If a team trades their captain, and the guy is coming off a really good season and an Olympic captaincy, that should raise some eyebrows. I know they sucked last year before the trade, but it's still a strange move if the guy was popular and liked as a leader.

He's a right handed shot and can score, but I don't know how much money we can afford to spend. The Wings need some open cap space for some possible deadline move, which I estimate we'll really need to make.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I don't see why it would be such a big risk if it was for $1.5 million. I would rather have Zherdev and Drury both but wouldn't be upset at all if they brought him in. Sometimes you have to take a risk. I know people like cap space but who do you realistically think they would trade for? I just feel like there aren't any guarantees at the deadline and would rather have guys with something to prove aside from simply playing for next years contract.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I think we're set for our bottom 7-14 forwards. We need another top 6 guy to replace Hudler with. Langenbrunner is not that guy.

I don't see why it would be such a big risk if it was for $1.5 million. I would rather have Zherdev and Drury both but wouldn't be upset at all if they brought him in. Sometimes you have to take a risk. I know people like cap space but who do you realistically think they would trade for? I just feel like there aren't any guarantees at the deadline and would rather have guys with something to prove aside from simply playing for next years contract.

I'd rather have a champ who's seen better years (Langenbrunner) than a cancer who gets by on talent alone (Zherdev).

Guest Crymson

I would prefer Drury

I think we've got enough bottom-six forwards. Drury can't really score anymore.

Guest Crymson

I'm still mad at him for scoring on Ozzie from center ice.

Blame the butt-end of Ozzie's stick.

Langenbrunner has slowly declined with talent in the past 5 years, I would love for us to wait around for the right player than take a gamble on a declining player. He does have good hands, but speed, toughness, and youthfulness are in question.

No way! We have enough Forwards as it is.

No offense to Holmstrom but I don't think he needs to be on the ice with Datsyuk or Zetterberg unless it's on the PP. I'm not saying Kenny needs to go out and get AO or Nash, just somebody who can skate and shoot the puck. And with Cleary, I'd prefer him on the third line with Filppula and Holmstrom if we get two more forwards; we could have three legit scoring lines that way.

No reason to, but I will say there is no reason not to either. Besides slighting Draper of course...

We could sign anyone we want to with this much cap left and let them battle in camp and waive the loser. At least that is how I would play a situation where I have more cap left and a set roster. I would always try to get better.