32 replies to this topic

#21 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

I'd rather have Arnott

me too. they are pretty comparable but Arnott is bigger and smarter with the puck.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#22 Murphdog

Murphdog

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:21 AM

Langenbrunner has slowly declined with talent in the past 5 years, I would love for us to wait around for the right player than take a gamble on a declining player. He does have good hands, but speed, toughness, and youthfulness are in question.

#23 KDDRWINGS1

KDDRWINGS1

Calmer than you.

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

No way! We have enough Forwards as it is.

No offense to Holmstrom but I don't think he needs to be on the ice with Datsyuk or Zetterberg unless it's on the PP. I'm not saying Kenny needs to go out and get AO or Nash, just somebody who can skate and shoot the puck. And with Cleary, I'd prefer him on the third line with Filppula and Holmstrom if we get two more forwards; we could have three legit scoring lines that way.

#24 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

No reason to, but I will say there is no reason not to either. Besides slighting Draper of course...

We could sign anyone we want to with this much cap left and let them battle in camp and waive the loser. At least that is how I would play a situation where I have more cap left and a set roster. I would always try to get better.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#25 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

Looks like Langenbrunner is heading to St. Louis.

#26 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:21 PM

+ Arnott

#27 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:25 PM

General managers don't really sign players on the basis of "Why not?"

#28 Cajanek_Spielmacher

Cajanek_Spielmacher

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

+ Arnott

Signing with St. Louis -- Nichol, Langenbrunner, Arnott, Huskins and Elliott
PRIDE-PASSION-DETERMINATION-FAITH-ST.LOUIS BLUES----

#29 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:34 PM

Watch their record go even further south.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#30 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

Signing with St. Louis -- Nichol, Langenbrunner, Arnott, Huskins and Elliott

:lol:

And I thought we had the anti-murderers row with White, Commodore and Exelby. Good luck fighting with Edmonton for 15th in the conference.

#31 Cajanek_Spielmacher

Cajanek_Spielmacher

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

Would you like to make a little wager? I will say that the Blues will have more points next season than this season. As an aside, I will also wager that the Redwings will finish next season with less points than this season. Now, will the Blues have more points next season than the Redwings? HELL NO!! But anyone that thinks the Blues will be worse than last season in delusional. It is improbable that the Blues will lose 3 of their top 6 forwards and 2 of their top 4 defensemen and approximately the same time and for the duration that they did. Kinda of how Detroit did not suffer the insanity of its injuries of the 2009-10 season. YOU have been around a long time Hockeytown and usually fairly right on in your opinions BUT not this time!! Besides your forum is alittle dull right now!! :P

Edited by Cajanek_Spielmacher, 06 July 2011 - 02:51 PM.

PRIDE-PASSION-DETERMINATION-FAITH-ST.LOUIS BLUES----

#32 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:17 AM

nah they were pretty banged up last season, added some veteran presents, dont know about Langenbrunner but Arnott can still put up 15-20+ goals plus they have some pretty good young players, they will improve but can't really say by how much

#33 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

Thought Langenbrunner could have re-signed with Dallas. Looking at the Stars defense, there will be some healthy competition for spots on D.

Daley-Robidas
Pardy-Goligoski
Grossman-Fistric
Souray
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien