9 replies to this topic

#1 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

http://www.mlive.com...a_finalist.html

Guy is a former goaltender, which leads me to believe he would coach the defense. WMU defensive numbers so/so last year. Even though that is still mostly on players, and it was this guy's first season behind the bench.

#2 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

My vote goes to Bob Boughner.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#3 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

My vote goes to Bob Boughner.

Only thing about him is that he left Columbus to be closer to his family. Yeah Detroit is closer to Windsor than Columbus, but my guess would be that he will not be coaching in the NHL next year. Columbus or Detroit you are still on the road a lot.

#4 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

Any Broncos in here that want to comment?

#5 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

Well, Dreger said it would be "surprising" and this is certainly out of left field...

#6 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

He may be a finalist but there's no way he picks him. It was probably a family member or friend who leaked this as a means of getting his name out there for other teams moreso than a claim that the Wings are really leaning towards him.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#7 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

I'm a Bronco, took WMU to the Frozen Four, and played pretty well in the NCAA tourney. It would be a tragedy to lose him from the Broncos but would love to see him in Detroit.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#8 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:43 PM

Dunno much about him besides the numbers at Western Michigan last season. But if Holland and co. are interested. Hmmmm why not? :thumbup:

#9 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,887 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

Frozen Four NCAA, CCHA Championship game, Hockey coach of the year by all three major college hockey publications. That is quite the accumulation for a single year of coaching. I would love to see him in the NHL working for the Wings. He certainly did my Broncos well, after years of mediocrity.

#10 redwings8831

redwings8831

redwings8831

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

Frozen Four NCAA, CCHA Championship game, Hockey coach of the year by all three major college hockey publications. That is quite the accumulation for a single year of coaching. I would love to see him in the NHL working for the Wings. He certainly did my Broncos well, after years of mediocrity.

Western did not make the Frozen Four (lost in the first round of the NCAA to Denver). Anyway, what Blashill did with that team in one season was remarkable.