• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

WMU head coach finalist for Wings' assistant coaching spot

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

My vote goes to Bob Boughner.

Only thing about him is that he left Columbus to be closer to his family. Yeah Detroit is closer to Windsor than Columbus, but my guess would be that he will not be coaching in the NHL next year. Columbus or Detroit you are still on the road a lot.

He may be a finalist but there's no way he picks him. It was probably a family member or friend who leaked this as a means of getting his name out there for other teams moreso than a claim that the Wings are really leaning towards him.

I'm a Bronco, took WMU to the Frozen Four, and played pretty well in the NCAA tourney. It would be a tragedy to lose him from the Broncos but would love to see him in Detroit.

Frozen Four NCAA, CCHA Championship game, Hockey coach of the year by all three major college hockey publications. That is quite the accumulation for a single year of coaching. I would love to see him in the NHL working for the Wings. He certainly did my Broncos well, after years of mediocrity.

Shaman likes this

Frozen Four NCAA, CCHA Championship game, Hockey coach of the year by all three major college hockey publications. That is quite the accumulation for a single year of coaching. I would love to see him in the NHL working for the Wings. He certainly did my Broncos well, after years of mediocrity.

Western did not make the Frozen Four (lost in the first round of the NCAA to Denver). Anyway, what Blashill did with that team in one season was remarkable.

Vladifan likes this