• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Red Wings sign Chris Conner

Rate this topic

Details still to come, reported by Detroit Sports Nation

Also reported by theproductionline.com - http://theproductionline.us/2011/07/red-wings-sign-chris-conner/

Per team officials, the Wings have signed free agent forward Chris Conner to a one-year deal. The 27-year-old Westland native played college hockey at Michigan Tech before turning pro in the Stars organization. He split last season between the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins and the big club in Pittsburgh.

In 139 total NHL games played, he has 16 goals and 24 assists.

Depth signing for GR I'd imagine, but good to bring a home town guy back

Edited by stevkrause

Too bad his name isnt john connor, like that one guy from hard knocks. We could use a terminator.

If I remember right, he was all over the 24/7 show, and those guys (Shero and Bylsma) really liked him. Hopefully hes solid. I read he averaged about a point a game in the AHL.

Not sure what to think of this signing for GR.

I wonder if Johnson and Minard are on their way out, despite the fact that they have one more year left on their contracts.

Minard has been very good in GR, I'd hate to see him leave, although, he might actually get a shot with an NHL club if he went elsewhere...

I wonder if Johnson and Minard are on their way out, despite the fact that they have one more year left on their contracts.

GR is gunna be a completely different team next year, im really excited.

Well they are losing Mursak, Emmerton, Owens, Meech, Tardif, and iFlip I think. I imagine there's still room.

They are adding Ferraro, Nyquist, Exelby, and now Connor. Anyone I'm missing?

Well they are losing Mursak, Emmerton, Owens, Meech, Tardif, and iFlip I think. I imagine there's still room.

They are adding Ferraro, Nyquist, Exelby, and now Connor. Anyone I'm missing?

Possiblities are: Aubry, Callahan, Parkes, Nestrasil.

I wish they'd get Mrazek, unless McCullom decides to play well this year. They look like they'll be a ton of fun to watch. Anyone want to make they're probable lines up for me?

Could you imagine Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok on the Griffins too? Would be awesome.

Edited by achildr1

I wish they'd get Mrazek, unless McCullom decides to play well this year. They look like they'll be a ton of fun to watch. Anyone want to make they're probable lines up for me?

Could you imagine Pulkkinen and Jarnkrok on the Griffins too? Would be awesome.

Still a lof of unknowns, ie are Minard and Johnson returning, will Emmerton be/clear waives, any more signings, which of the juniors decide to turn pro. But...

Tatar - Johnson - Conner

Pare - FA - Nyquist

Ferraro - Andersson - Parkes

Coetzee - Raedeke - Callahan

Still a lof of unknowns, ie are Minard and Johnson returning, will Emmerton be/clear waives, any more signings, which of the juniors decide to turn pro. But...

Tatar - Johnson - Conner

Pare - FA - Nyquist

Ferraro - Andersson - Parkes

Coetzee - Raedeke - Callahan

I think Callahan has a good chance in quickly climbing up that depth chart too if he keeps developing at even half the pace he has been... I was just glad we added someone with some snarl when we drafted him, but since, his hands have come a long way as well and now I'm more optimistic he could become a real, solid power forward...

Asking to turn this into a line combo thread? If only we had someone around here who was addicted to discussing line combos...

First, inviting a line combo thread and now an enforcer debate? What's with the masochism in this thread?!?

Enforcer - Enforcer - Enforcer

(Enforcer)

Enforcer - Lidstrom

Enforcer - Enforcer

Enforcer - Enforcer

(Enforcer)

Enforcer

Enforcer