• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Red Wings sign Chris Conner

Rate this topic

I think Callahan has a good chance in quickly climbing up that depth chart too if he keeps developing at even half the pace he has been... I was just glad we added someone with some snarl when we drafted him, but since, his hands have come a long way as well and now I'm more optimistic he could become a real, solid power forward...

Lets not be too hasty, WHL is much different from the AHL and Callahan cooled considerably the second half of his season. If he climbs that's awesome, but right now I still think hes going to be a career call up player until he backs up his good WHL season with some AHL time.

Lets not be too hasty, WHL is much different from the AHL and Callahan cooled considerably the second half of his season. If he climbs that's awesome, but right now I still think hes going to be a career call up player until he backs up his good WHL season with some AHL time.

Come on now, it's not like I said he'll be on the 1st line in GR by November and on Detroit by Feb :)

All I was saying, is that if he continues to progress the way he has been, that he has a good chance to be on the 3rd line by the end of the season in GR and who knows, maybe next year in GR possibly even get up to the top 6... but like I said, he needs to keep developing at the pace he has been for this to be a reality... I still think he's at least 3-4 years out from seeing any action with the big club...

Enforcer - Enforcer - Enforcer

(Enforcer)

Enforcer - Lidstrom

Enforcer - Enforcer

Enforcer - Enforcer

(Enforcer)

Enforcer

Enforcer

Coaching staff?

Edited by stevkrause

Come on now, it's not like I said he'll be on the 1st line in GR by November and on Detroit by Feb :)

All I was saying, is that if he continues to progress the way he has been, that he has a good chance to be on the 3rd line by the end of the season in GR and who knows, maybe next year in GR possibly even get up to the top 6... but like I said, he needs to keep developing at the pace he has been for this to be a reality... I still think he's at least 3-4 years out from seeing any action with the big club...

Coaching staff?

Head coach: Babcock

Offense: Larionov

Defense: Anybody but McCrummy

As a current Michigan Tech student and long time Michigan Tech hockey fan (it's been tough, I know), this news made my day. He was unbelievable to watch in college and it'll really make me happy to hopefully see him get pulled up at one point and throw on that Wings jersey.

If I'm not mistaken Darryl Bootland put up big numbers in the AHL but look at where it got him. Here's to hoping that's not Callahan's career path.

I used to watch Conner star at Michigan Tech when I was a student there. He was absolutely electric in the WCHA. I'd say he's a fringe NHLer due to his size, but I'm excited to see him with the organization.

The Eaveas penalty shot was worse.

Atleast he just laughed it off though, Conner looked like it got in his head. I'd rather have a player be mentally strong especially infront of 18-20,000 people when they make a huge mistake like that. It's the small things that make a player great.

As a current Michigan Tech student and long time Michigan Tech hockey fan (it's been tough, I know), this news made my day. He was unbelievable to watch in college and it'll really make me happy to hopefully see him get pulled up at one point and throw on that Wings jersey.

+1. We're all in this together.

Having watched the Pens a great deal this past year, I like this signing a lot. He's a nice guy to have in the back pocket in case injuries strike again, and maybe if he has a good year at GR, they can bump him up to the big club next season when they have some more roster space.

He's not the most talented guy, but I love how he plays.

i saw quite a bit of conner when he was with the iowa stars and peoria riverman. he is one of those guys that works real hard out there.

when i saw him with the penguins i kept an eye on him as i remembered him from the ahl. i thought he played pretty well up there last year. definitely could be a guy to fill in for an injured player and be able to contribute solidly.

First thing I thought of was: Let's go Tech!

I like this signing. Good depth player. He has speed and heart, two qualities that has taken Darren Helm pretty far with this franchise. I don't really understand the hatred Pens fans have for him. Its like "Chris Conner? HAHA! He sucks. You should've seen him botch this penalty shot." They're so glad to be rid of him and they only use THAT as their reason why. Bizarre.

I like this signing. Good depth player. He has speed and heart, two qualities that has taken Darren Helm pretty far with this franchise. I don't really understand the hatred Pens fans have for him. Its like "Chris Conner? HAHA! He sucks. You should've seen him botch this penalty shot." They're so glad to be rid of him and they only use THAT as their reason why. Bizarre.

This. Apparently, they forgot when a certain Tampa forward didn't even make it within 20 feet of the net before falling down on a penalty shot.