• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 F2B&G

F2B&G

Rookie

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:26 PM

As a current Michigan Tech student and long time Michigan Tech hockey fan (it's been tough, I know), this news made my day. He was unbelievable to watch in college and it'll really make me happy to hopefully see him get pulled up at one point and throw on that Wings jersey.

+1. We're all in this together.

#42 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

Having watched the Pens a great deal this past year, I like this signing a lot. He's a nice guy to have in the back pocket in case injuries strike again, and maybe if he has a good year at GR, they can bump him up to the big club next season when they have some more roster space.

He's not the most talented guy, but I love how he plays.

#43 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

i saw quite a bit of conner when he was with the iowa stars and peoria riverman. he is one of those guys that works real hard out there.

when i saw him with the penguins i kept an eye on him as i remembered him from the ahl. i thought he played pretty well up there last year. definitely could be a guy to fill in for an injured player and be able to contribute solidly.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#44 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

As a current Michigan Tech student and long time Michigan Tech hockey fan (it's been tough, I know), this news made my day. He was unbelievable to watch in college and it'll really make me happy to hopefully see him get pulled up at one point and throw on that Wings jersey.

First thing I thought of was: Let's go Tech!

#45 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:38 AM

I like his playing style. Welcome back to Michigan!

Posted Image
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#46 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#47 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

I like this signing. Good depth player. He has speed and heart, two qualities that has taken Darren Helm pretty far with this franchise. I don't really understand the hatred Pens fans have for him. Its like "Chris Conner? HAHA! He sucks. You should've seen him botch this penalty shot." They're so glad to be rid of him and they only use THAT as their reason why. Bizarre.

#48 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

I like this signing. Good depth player. He has speed and heart, two qualities that has taken Darren Helm pretty far with this franchise. I don't really understand the hatred Pens fans have for him. Its like "Chris Conner? HAHA! He sucks. You should've seen him botch this penalty shot." They're so glad to be rid of him and they only use THAT as their reason why. Bizarre.

This. Apparently, they forgot when a certain Tampa forward didn't even make it within 20 feet of the net before falling down on a penalty shot.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman