Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

This is why Commodore was the best signing ever...

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#41 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:58 PM

I always thought that was a picture of Joe Thornton.

children, do not lick money.

prisoner's hide it in their "suitcases."
Posted Image

#42 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

puck daddy posted on twitter that he's pushing 40 on the number of people willing to donate 64 dollars in the name of his favorite charity, should Commodore use the number.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#43 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

>10 PRINT "NERDTASTIC! ";
>20 GOTO 10

Edited by kook_10, 07 July 2011 - 08:03 PM.

works every time

#44 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

>10 PRINT "NERDTASTIC! ";
>20 GOTO 10

:lol: :clap:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#45 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

I always thought that was a picture of Joe Thornton.

Nope its 64 pre afro hairdo, I love that there is a guy on the team I can just refer to as a # :yowza:

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#46 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:55 AM

You'd probably have better luck running an emulator these days. I'm guessing that even if you could get the thing to boot (and find an adaptor for your TV), those 5.25" floppies gave up the ghost long ago.

Anyway, back on subject... if he dons #64, I will be the first in line for his jersey. The only thing cooler would be if he could rock the number ",8,1"

I'm getting lost in all of the techno-talk here, but did you just imply that our new defenseman has a 5.25" floppy? How on earth would you know about that?

On second thought... never mind.

#47 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:31 AM

do you think the wings will have him shut down his twitter account? are there any wings with twitter accounts?
Posted Image

#48 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:18 AM

That makes little sense though, because the screen was always blue. Windows is the blue screen of death...

I never said it was factually accurate! Sometimes you have to reach to make analogies... oh well, I think Esquire pretty much knocked it out of the park already anyway!

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#49 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:27 AM

There's a dirty joke somewhere in here about a 5 1/4 floppy...

I'm getting lost in all of the techno-talk here, but did you just imply that our new defenseman has a 5.25" floppy? How on earth would you know about that?

On second thought... never mind.

and there it is, haha

Edited by stevkrause, 08 July 2011 - 07:30 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#50 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:01 AM

Posted Image

:rotflmao:

Post of the year!
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#51 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

My commodore had a cassette drive, not a floppy.
My older sister once wrote code for days so that a hot air balloon would fly across the screen.
I recorded my voice over the code like a day or two later.

She was PISSED!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#52 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

Can't wait to see what this guy can do on the ice with the Wings!!

#53 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

do you think the wings will have him shut down his twitter account? are there any wings with twitter accounts?

I think a Wing's player having a Twitter account is fantastic for team PR since a lot of fans now look at the Wings as being "old" and having a player with Twitter is kind of trendy. I'm feeling pretty positive about having C64 in the lineup this year, even if at the very least, it shines some light into the day-to-day things going on with the Wings. I think if he and the team play it right, there's a lot of potential.

Oh, and I don't think there are any Wings with Twitter but there are some a couple prospects:

- Brendan Smith (@bssmith7)
- Tomas Jurco (@Jurky13)

Edited by Esquire, 08 July 2011 - 09:52 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

Let me preface this by saying I am married to a long time computer geek/techno wizard. So I've had to learn a little about computers over the years (although it seems to have gone in one ear and out the other just as fast).

The Commodore 64 computers are still in use by a lot of amateur radio operators. Don't ask me why, but they like them. In fact, I think my other half has one up in the loft of our barn that someone was going to throw out. I don't why he saved it, but he did.

Far from being obsolete, they serve a purpose in a small but important niche. Perhaps that is the best way to look at it.
Posted Image

#55 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,627 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

I don't care if the Wings ever make the playoffs again, as long as he wears that number.

:blink:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#56 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:06 PM

My commodore had a cassette drive, not a floppy.
My older sister once wrote code for days so that a hot air balloon would fly across the screen.
I recorded my voice over the code like a day or two later.

She was PISSED!

Yep they were like Atari Cartridges.

Oh, and I would be pissed too.

Let me preface this by saying I am married to a long time computer geek/techno wizard. So I've had to learn a little about computers over the years (although it seems to have gone in one ear and out the other just as fast).

The Commodore 64 computers are still in use by a lot of amateur radio operators. Don't ask me why, but they like them. In fact, I think my other half has one up in the loft of our barn that someone was going to throw out. I don't why he saved it, but he did.

Far from being obsolete, they serve a purpose in a small but important niche. Perhaps that is the best way to look at it.

Sort of like Homer! :ph34r:

Go stand in front of the net!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#57 Manoir

Manoir

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

I think my friend still has a Commodore 64-I'm going to bring it to the game when the Wings come to MTL and throw it onto the ice if Commodore scores.

#58 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl-wp8825

Looks like Commodore just might follow through with it.

#59 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

Hell, NASA still uses TRS-80 computers for some mission-specific calculations- they work, no need to change them. A friend of mine on another forum has been tasked with finding parts for them when he was stationed at Canaveral- said it was nearly impossible.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#60 Tman77

Tman77

Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

I think my friend still has a Commodore 64-I'm going to bring it to the game when the Wings come to MTL and throw it onto the ice if Commodore scores.

Haha. Quote of the day. If I had a drink when I read it, it would have been all over my screen. GJ! :D