• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

This is why Commodore was the best signing ever...

Rate this topic

After a big hit, or a goal, I bet the DJ at the Joe will play one of these jingles from old Commodore commercials.

Edit: I actually remember the "I Adore my 64" commercials :blush:

Edited by Barrie

I liked the Commodore signing from the beginning, but him wearing 64 will make it great! Also, I can see Commodore 64 being a crowd favorite after only a couple big hits.

After a big hit, or a goal, I bet the DJ at the Joe will play one of these jingles from old Commodore commercials.

Oh, well you guess must not really be DETROIT Fans!!

Cause in Detroit we are way too good to have a player wear a kick ass number that coincides with his name (a very rare happening) as illustrated in this P.O.S. ARTICLE!!

Oh, well you guess must not really be DETROIT Fans!!

Cause in Detroit we are way too good to have a player wear a kick ass number that coincides with his name (a very rare happening) as illustrated in this P.O.S. ARTICLE!!

Wow, some people are taking this way too serious, and taking ourselves way to serious! If he wants to wear 64, great, if not, that's cool.

If he doesn't, then we can play song from the first video I posted. :cool:

I just hope the crowd does the one finger salute from those commercials, too!

Just play a 5 second sound clip of it like when Cleary scores a goal, "I can see clearly now". Or when Drake did something in 07-08, and they had Jerry and Elaine saying, "I love the Drake". "Yea the Drake is good".

Edit: "Are you keeping up with the Commodore, cause the Commodore is keeping up with you"

or

"I adore my 64, my Commodore 64"

Edited by Barrie

Wow, some people are taking this way too serious, and taking ourselves way to serious! If he wants to wear 64, great, if not, that's cool.

If he doesn't, then we can play song from the first video I posted. :cool:

It's not that big of a deal I agree, but the articile makes Detroit out to be a un-fun place to play. I just noticed I quoted you double time lol, but no biggie. I was not trying to hate on you, in fact I was agreeing with you and being sarcastic in my re=posts.

No biggie though. I still feel that the article was kinda out of control. Just hope Mike goes by his own and the fans opinion and not some blogger's.

I'll go on record to say that Commodore 64 is just straight up funny, and I say why the hell not? The article above seems really uptight to me. What the hell is wrong with a little fun? Anyone remember this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br0bBXtABXs

Having a few laughs does not equal not taking the franchise seriously, :rolleyes:

I agree. Besides I can't stand Malik.

That wasn't Malik's report. That was the writer for Abel to Yzerman.

New mission, spread the word. The one finger salute for Commodore!!!

Someone link him that on twitter now!!! lol.

Guest echos myron

Malik is a tool.

scratch that, everyone on A2Y is.

Edited by echos myron

It's not that big of a deal I agree, but the articile makes Detroit out to be a un-fun place to play. I just noticed I quoted you double time lol, but no biggie. I was not trying to hate on you, in fact I was agreeing with you and being sarcastic in my re=posts.

No biggie though. I still feel that the article was kinda out of control. Just hope Mike goes by his own and the fans opinion and not some blogger's.

I got the sarcasm :thumbup:. My reply was to the article, not you.

I think Commodore wearing #64 would be a lot of fun!

It would be awesome if when he scores a goal or gets a huge hit they play "I adore my 64, my Commodore 64" I can guarantee you that people would sing along. It would be absolutely amazing for fan spirit and the overall vibe of the team.

Oh it would be great! The goal horn would sound, the "I adore my 64, my Commodore 64" would play, then either "Hey Hey Hockeytown" or "Ya'll Ready for this".

Malik is a tool.

scratch that, everyone on A2Y is.

I've said this before on these forums, but Abel to Yzerman is the reason why the rest of the hockey world thinks Wings' fans are a bunch of conspiracy theory loving band-wagoners with entitlement issues.

george malik is signing on and negging anybody who badmouths him.

careful.

You only get so many negs per day. I think most of us can handle the hit. Bring it on.

<ahem>

Mike Commodore should jolly well wear the number 64 if he pleases, and anyone who thinks that it is not the Red Wing Way is a old goatfart.

That ought to do it.

I have no idea why people are actually upset at the idea of him wearing number 64. It's just a number. At the center of it, it's no different than someone wanting to wear a number for sentimental reasons of because it's what they've always worn. It doesn't really mean anything outside of identifying who's wearing the sweater.

Numbers are for personal expression. It's not a sideshow, just a fun thing for the fans. Doesn't demean the team or history in any way. We Wings fans jealously protect the team's reputation, but 90% of us seem to be okay with this, so it's no big deal. If he doesn't wear it, fine, but it'd be fun if he did.