Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

This is why Commodore was the best signing ever...

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

Not since Steve Heinze went to Boston has there been such a rabble!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fEjJ4Ecy9Q

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#102 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:03 PM

Hell, NASA still uses TRS-80 computers for some mission-specific calculations- they work, no need to change them. A friend of mine on another forum has been tasked with finding parts for them when he was stationed at Canaveral- said it was nearly impossible.

Next time he runs into a problem, give me a holler...my hubby and brother-in-law have a s***load of Trash-80's (yes, that was their affectionate name for them)...between them they might be able to come up with whatever you need. And it would get them out of my hair and my barn. You could only do me a favor.
Posted Image

#103 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

I've said this before on these forums, but Abel to Yzerman is the reason why the rest of the hockey world thinks Wings' fans are a bunch of conspiracy theory loving band-wagoners with entitlement issues.

Abel to Yzerman is an AWFUL BLOG!

Malik isn't a part of that, he is his own entity, and I respect him. Even when I don't see eye to eye. I haven't thought anything he has said was over the top though...
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#104 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

Abel to Yzerman is an AWFUL BLOG!

Malik isn't a part of that, he is his own entity, and I respect him. Even when I don't see eye to eye. I haven't thought anything he has said was over the top though...

Agreed. I hardly ever read A2Y.

Malik sometimes has opinions I don't agree with, however a majority of his reporting is stating facts and first hand experiences.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#105 Hell Toupee

Hell Toupee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

I Love A2Y.
My god, you seem to take their s*** seriously.
Really? Really?

It's just humor.
I'm not saying you don't get it (but you don't), I'm just saying it might not be your cup of tea.
If people don't like Red Wings fans because of that blog....well, then they'ref****** dumb.
Point blank. Period.

A2Y is by, and for over the top, unabashed, unapologetic homers, and they will always admit it.
They don't pretend to be the voice of Red Wings fans across the globe, or the voice of reason.
It's all in good fun. They'ref****** around. Obviously. OBVIOUSLY.

Calm down or you'll never get your panties unbunched.
Take it for what it is.

#106 mybeardismycopilot

mybeardismycopilot

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

I like having him aboard. he will throw down and protect his team mates.
Z and Dats are gonna take less hits wait and see.

#107 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

A little late, here, but...I like A2Y. They're juvenile as all get-out, and they admit it. Leads to some good times. I don't particularly agree with the Chief this time, and I think the amount of drama this has led to between A2Y and the Puck Daddy people is astounding, but I'm not going to hate on the Chief just because he disagrees with me over a frickin' jersey number.

Honestly, I don't care THAT MUCH. If Commodore wants to wear 64, cool, I think it's amusing and does not make the Wings organization look any less dignified as a result, but if he doesn't want to wear it, I'm okay with that, too. I just don't understand why this has turned into a Matter of National Importance, other than because we're all bored out of our minds without hockey on.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#108 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:52 AM

I love that he might even get an endorsement deal. There is talk about many promotions done by CommodoreUSA computing.

They might even give away new Commodore 64's in the future.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#109 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:45 AM

Looks like the afro will be backPosted Image(we're going to need a red one of those)

``commie22 Mike Commodore
For all the afro questions...I will grow it starting day 1 of camp. It will be glorious from feb on. haha. #easytostaysinglewithredafro``

#110 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

Looks like the afro will be backPosted Image(we're going to need a red one of those)

``commie22 Mike Commodore
For all the afro questions...I will grow it starting day 1 of camp. It will be glorious from feb on. haha. #easytostaysinglewithredafro``

Just read that...

Also :thumbup: to Kindl Surprise. Good name, hopeful and good.

#111 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

Just read that...

Also :thumbup: to Kindl Surprise. Good name, hopeful and good.

haha thanks broseph. I've been lurking for a while and noticed that Kindl gets put in just about every trade proposal around here (along with Hudler of course), so I figured he could use some support.

#112 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

haha thanks broseph. I've been lurking for a while and noticed that Kindl gets put in just about every trade proposal around here (along with Hudler of course), so I figured he could use some support.

It would hurt the least, everyone knows that. However I know everyone will still be rooting for him to succeed. No one here wants anyone to fail... even if they say they want to trade them.

Even Hudler would be welcomed with open arms if he pulled an 80 pt season and a cup out of thin air.

Yet if Commodore is the guy that takes his place, I am sure they will root for him instead. We love all our players when they are ours. :D