• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Berry

Caps trying to trade Semin?

Rate this topic

I was just going trough some rumors around the league, and I noticed that the Caps are probably trying to trade Semin.

It would be a great addition to our team. It would allow us to have 4/6 highly skilled forwards. This team is too much loaded of "standard" top 6 forwards.

What do you think? Am I dreaming or not?

I know, probably it won't happen because of his salary (6.7 M).

The salary wouldn't be a problem, its more of im not sure we have anything the caps want that other teams may provide? Im not even sure what we can offer besides the ever so popular Filppula, kindl and a 1st.

the Caps have $394,872 in Cap space , the Wings have just over 7mill so us getting Semin is not a problem at all, I think the Caps OBVIOUSLY want to open cap space so even taking back less roster dollars now might be what they are looking to do to leave them options throughout the season and at the deadline, Kovalchuk only drew 2 semi decent roster players(Bergfors and Oduya...who only had 9pts combined more then Hudler last season) a prospect and a 1st round pick. i dont think the Caps get nearly as much back saying Semin didnt have that good of a season last year and has yet to play a full 82 games.

TO Caps- Hudler,Kindl,1st round pick,4th round pick and maybe a conditional pick

Edited by king_malice

the Caps have $394,872 in Cap space , the Wings have just over 7mill so us getting Semin is not a problem at all, I think the Caps OBVIOUSLY want to open cap space so even taking back less roster dollars now might be what they are looking to do to leave them options throughout the season and at the deadline, Kovalchuk only drew 2 semi decent roster players(Bergfors and Oduya...who only had 9pts combined more then Hudler last season) a prospect and a 1st round pick. i dont think the Caps get nearly as much back saying Semin didnt have that good of a season last year and has yet to play a full 82 games.

TO Caps- Hudler,Kindl,1st round pick,4th round pick and maybe a conditional pick

I would take Semin. However, I would not trade that much for him -- Hudler and a pick or two, tops. They are the ones who are in cap troubles, so we would be helping them out. I love Semin, it is a running joke for me and my cousin and we would flip out if he played here.

Really, they don't want him anymore and that is the most important reason we could get him.

Holland however just suggested he would rather have a tough and gritty third line pounder for a trade from Hudler.

I would take Semin. However, I would not trade that much for him -- Hudler and a pick or two, tops. They are the ones who are in cap troubles, so we would be helping them out. I love Semin, it is a running joke for me and my cousin and we would flip out if he played here.

Really, they don't want him anymore and that is the most important reason we could get him.

Holland however just suggested he would rather have a tough and gritty third line pounder for a trade from Hudler.

I agree that it is to much but after seeing what they got for Varlarmov i think thats what it would take, to me i love Miller and Eaves but i think Holland messed up by signing both of them and maybe should have tried getting Eager or Carcillo or something, to me we do not need another grinder type of player especially with guys like Helm,Abdelkader,Miller,Eaves, and even Mursak i think just incase we hit the injury bug again having the insurance of a guy like Semin in the line-up would be HUGE just think of the lines

Cleary-Zetterberg-Franzen

Semin-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi(only because he skates better then Homer)

Holmstrom-Filppula-Miller

Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm

PP1

Semin-Datsyuk-Zetterberg

PP2

Cleary-Filppula-Franzen

to me

Hudler,1st rounder and another pick should do , i wouldnt mind maybe giving up something like Miller or Eaves,Kindl,1st rounder a later pick and a conditional pick i think now that Hudler has gotten back into the NHL form he is going to surprise everyone next season

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Alexander Semin ($6.700m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Drew Miller ($0.837m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Mike Commodore ($1.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin ($0.850m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,071,211; BONUSES: $0

By adding Semin, this team could easily go to the conference/stanley cup finals and beat them all.

But I don't think this will happen (adding Semin). In fact Holland is already thinking about next year's free agents (especially Kronner -> his salary will increase) and about the salary cap that will probably go down (that means the we'll loose some players).

By adding Semin, this team could easily go to the conference/stanley cup finals and beat them all.

But I don't think this will happen (adding Semin). In fact Holland is already thinking about next year's free agents (especially Kronner -> his salary will increase) and about the salary cap that will probably go down (that means the we'll loose some players).

No. We won't get Semin, I highly doubt he gets traded at any point this season.

And we will not lose any players. We are around 7 million under the cap this year, with all the players (Lids, Stuart, Kronwall) coming off the books and needing re-signed there's no way that we will lose players. We can keep the same roster next year and still be okay.

And OP, from what I've read on twitter and other sources, it's all speculation on Semin being traded. It's more of the local bloggers and sportswriters in Washington trying to talk hockey and so they decide that the Caps need to trade Semin.

Bottom line.....Never gonna happen.

We won't have any problem re-signing Kronwall and Stuart next off-season at all, this is our line-up pretty much next season, with the young kids finally getting into the line-up we have a ton of Cap space, over 25Mill to re-sign pretty much Kronwall,Stuart,Hudler if Holland wants him back and Lidstrom if he comes back for one more and Abdelkader and Helm)

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Drew Miller ($0.837m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Ian White ($2.875m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) /

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Thomas McCollum ($0.816m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $39,148,710; BONUSES: $260,000

CAP SPACE (18-man roster): $25,151,290

I agree that it is to much but after seeing what they got for Varlarmov i think thats what it would take, to me i love Miller and Eaves but i think Holland messed up by signing both of them and maybe should have tried getting Eager or Carcillo or something, to me we do not need another grinder type of player especially with guys like Helm,Abdelkader,Miller,Eaves, and even Mursak i think just incase we hit the injury bug again having the insurance of a guy like Semin in the line-up would be HUGE just think of the lines

I think that Varlarmov is not a trade that I would base anything off of... It was one of the worst trade I have ever seen and I don't think it will hurt as much as the Kessel trade, but it isn't far off.

Miller and Eaves are quality guys and really are better to have than a Carcillo. Eager would have been nice, but we didn't really have a shot.

Semin would be a great addition, but really losing a Filpulla would not be worth it. I only see them adding Semin for a pick and Hudler tops.

That is, don't count on it happening.

to me

Hudler,1st rounder and another pick should do , i wouldnt mind maybe giving up something like Miller or Eaves,Kindl,1st rounder a later pick and a conditional pick i think now that Hudler has gotten back into the NHL form he is going to surprise everyone next season

Holland wasn't able to GIVE Hudler away at the draft, and now you think the Caps will trade us Alexander Semin if we add a couple of picks? LOL Do me a favor, go ahead and hold your breath until that happens.

hudler will probably surprise everyone this season, no matter where he's playing (most likely here).. i think it just took him a year to get used to the nhl again. idk if the caps get rid of semin though. sure he had an off year in terms of stats but everyones individual stats on the caps were down last year because they played a different style game. they were able to win close games rather than just try to outshoot everyone every game. ove, backstrom, semin... all their stats weren't as good last year but semin had a much better shooting % than their other players. i doubt they get rid of him. but if they do, i'd love to have him on the wings. semin-dats-z would be an amazing pp1....

I think in order for the Wings to get Semin, they will have to ship Filpulla the other way... Quite frankly, I would be all for it because Filpulla has been given many chances to play the 2nd line role and he has not been able to. I would give Filps+ Kindl and a pick for Semin... or something along those lines.

Semin- Datsyuk- Homer

Bertuzzi- Zetterberg- Franzen

Cleary- Helm- Hudler

Eaves- Abdelkator- Miller

Lidstrom- Kronwall

White- Stuart

Ericson- Commridore

That is a Stanley Cup winning team...

Eklund*Detroit: When was the last time they had Cap Space? Expect Holland to NOT be the "kid with a new credit card" that we have seen elsewhere...The Wings are VERY in on Semin.

I know, i know its eklund. Just more fuel for the fire.

????

If you mean in terms of roster spots I don't understand how having a forward makes a difference

Err, I think he means where would we put said defenseman?

Lidstrom, Kronwall, Stuart, White, Ericsson, Commodore, Kindl... then Smith, Janik & Exelby as serviceable defenders as well. We're pretty much set there. Even if they wanted to "upgrade" at defense, who do they move out? The only potential guy I could see moving out would be Kindl, and then Commodore becomes a healthy scratch.

It's much more likely to move out a forward now, (Huds, Flip) and move that "upgraded" forward into their spot.

im hearing that we might actually be pretty close to acquiring Semin. Apparently picks and prospects going the other way if it goes down. You have to assume that Hudler would be involved as well.

Lets see what happens

From Eklund More talk tonight of Semin to Detroit (e4)

Interesting rumors swirling tonight. The Caps are "capped out" and the Wings are interested in Alexandre Semin. According to one source.."the Caps aren't shopping Semin, but they are looking for a more balanced line-up.."

What would Washington get back?

"Not what theynwant from Detroit. There is another team involved here..they will get picks and prospects from Detroit...if this deal,were to happen."

Dont shoot the messenger.

Edited by Bryguy

In the words of a Texan, I will shoot whoever I damn well want!

I think this is less likely to happen now that the moron said so.

I still would like the move if it didn't cost us too much.

Hudler, a first, a second and Ferraro if it would work would be fine in my book.

I still would like the move if it didn't cost us too much.

Hudler, a first, a second and Ferraro if it would work would be fine in my book.

I agree. Wouldn't want to give up too much but clearing Hudler's cap hit and adding Semin's would still leave us a few million for Emery, Turco or Conklin and the picks are always so low it's not a big deal. Hopefully they don't want Kindl though.

a three team trade does seem more likely to happen

to detroit : Semin, 3-7 round pick (3rd team)

to Washington : hudler, 3rd team player/prospect, wings 2nd round pick

to 3rd team: wings prospect, wsh prospect and 4-7 round pick

or something like that, im no good at these things