• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Berry

Caps trying to trade Semin?

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

Trade for semin? Sounds awful kinky.

ohh... you meant the player.

I'd be ok with him here, but he's not my favorite. I think there will be better options come deadline time.

Why would the caps want to trade a soft player (semin) for another soft player (hudler) who is a lot worse? I dont think they would be too interested inpicks or prospects either because they are trying to compete for a championship now, like us. I think semin would give us the sniper we need, but we would have to give up a good roster player to get him, ane there isnt one i would want to give up to do so.

Why would the caps want to trade a soft player (semin) for another soft player (hudler) who is a lot worse? I dont think they would be too interested inpicks or prospects either because they are trying to compete for a championship now, like us. I think semin would give us the sniper we need, but we would have to give up a good roster player to get him, ane there isnt one i would want to give up to do so.

Cap space.

Washington right now is $890,128 over the cap. Semin makes $6.7 and is a UFA after this season.

Swapping in Hudler gives them three million-plus in space with which to work in 2012-13.

For Detroit, adding Semin and subtracting Hudler (most likely according to the rumors I've seen) would leave Detroit with 2.7 million to go find a backup goalie, and add in a nearly point-per-game guy.

Guest Crymson

Cap space.

Washington right now is $890,128 over the cap. Semin makes $6.7 and is a UFA after this season.

Swapping in Hudler gives them three million-plus in space with which to work in 2012-13.

For Detroit, adding Semin and subtracting Hudler (most likely according to the rumors I've seen) would leave Detroit with 2.7 million to go find a backup goalie, and add in a nearly point-per-game guy.

I don't see the Caps giving him up that easily.

Nor do I, unless they've finally decided to take the Detroit route and start aggressively building via draft. They haven't made the finals since Detroit beat them bloody in '98, and haven't even made it out of the second round since then. Maybe they're saying the Semin experiment is over same way we do with Hudler?

and now...fade into dream sequence*****

"wings today have traded ericsson and hudler to the caps for alex semin"

following this bold move...the wings have turned their sights on replacing ericsson with zach bogozian as they have acquired him in a trade with winnipeg for jan mursak and 2012 3rd. round pick.

****yea.... i would be happy.

but alas...thats not going to happen.

watch...columbus or chicago get semin.

FOR NOTHING!

chicago wont get him.. especially if they're trying to sign sharp to an extension. wings are more likely than chitown. columbus i could see happening but the most likely thing to happen is semin staying put in washington because hes a great player and only 27.

Err, I think he means where would we put said defenseman?

Lidstrom, Kronwall, Stuart, White, Ericsson, Commodore, Kindl... then Smith, Janik & Exelby as serviceable defenders as well. We're pretty much set there. Even if they wanted to "upgrade" at defense, who do they move out? The only potential guy I could see moving out would be Kindl, and then Commodore becomes a healthy scratch.

It's much more likely to move out a forward now, (Huds, Flip) and move that "upgraded" forward into their spot.

I assume that's what he meant but we are no more set on D then we are at forward unless Holland is actively looking to remove a forward from this lineup. Also, just because we signed guys like Commodore and Exelby certainly doesn't mean that we can't still upgrade.

I assume that's what he meant but we are no more set on D then we are at forward unless Holland is actively looking to remove a forward from this lineup. Also, just because we signed guys like Commodore and Exelby certainly doesn't mean that we can't still upgrade.

It doesn't mean we can't, but where would we upgrade on defense? Let's assume they're going to carry 7 defensemen, considering we have 14 forwards, meaning one needs to be moved out. I don't see the team moving Lidstrom, Kronwall or Stuart. Ericsson was just signed, as were White and Commodore. So let's say Kindl gets "upgraded", which means Commodore gets bumped down to healthy scratch. So I'd say we're definitely more "set" at defense, given the circumstances surrounding each defender. I'm not saying it's not possible, but upgrading the forward position while moving out Hudler/Filppula seems much more likely to me.