• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:09 PM

im hearing that we might actually be pretty close to acquiring Semin. Apparently picks and prospects going the other way if it goes down. You have to assume that Hudler would be involved as well.

Lets see what happens
be about it!

#22 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

From Eklund More talk tonight of Semin to Detroit (e4)
Interesting rumors swirling tonight. The Caps are "capped out" and the Wings are interested in Alexandre Semin. According to one source.."the Caps aren't shopping Semin, but they are looking for a more balanced line-up.."

What would Washington get back?

"Not what theynwant from Detroit. There is another team involved here..they will get picks and prospects from Detroit...if this deal,were to happen."

Dont shoot the messenger.

Edited by Bryguy, 14 July 2011 - 09:33 PM.

#23 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

In the words of a Texan, I will shoot whoever I damn well want!

I think this is less likely to happen now that the moron said so.

I still would like the move if it didn't cost us too much.

Hudler, a first, a second and Ferraro if it would work would be fine in my book.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#24 KDDRWINGS1

KDDRWINGS1

Calmer than you.

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

I still would like the move if it didn't cost us too much.

Hudler, a first, a second and Ferraro if it would work would be fine in my book.

I agree. Wouldn't want to give up too much but clearing Hudler's cap hit and adding Semin's would still leave us a few million for Emery, Turco or Conklin and the picks are always so low it's not a big deal. Hopefully they don't want Kindl though.

#25 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:10 AM

a three team trade does seem more likely to happen

to detroit : Semin, 3-7 round pick (3rd team)

to Washington : hudler, 3rd team player/prospect, wings 2nd round pick

to 3rd team: wings prospect, wsh prospect and 4-7 round pick

or something like that, im no good at these things

#26 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

Trade for semin? Sounds awful kinky.

ohh... you meant the player.

I'd be ok with him here, but he's not my favorite. I think there will be better options come deadline time.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#27 casey holmstrom

casey holmstrom

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

I would love having Semin shooting all over the dirty D, SIGN HIM!

*grows up*
Posted Image

#28 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

beat to it..

Edited by drumshanbo, 15 July 2011 - 07:53 PM.

Posted Image

#29 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

Why would the caps want to trade a soft player (semin) for another soft player (hudler) who is a lot worse? I dont think they would be too interested inpicks or prospects either because they are trying to compete for a championship now, like us. I think semin would give us the sniper we need, but we would have to give up a good roster player to get him, ane there isnt one i would want to give up to do so.

#30 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

Why would the caps want to trade a soft player (semin) for another soft player (hudler) who is a lot worse? I dont think they would be too interested inpicks or prospects either because they are trying to compete for a championship now, like us. I think semin would give us the sniper we need, but we would have to give up a good roster player to get him, ane there isnt one i would want to give up to do so.

Cap space.

Washington right now is $890,128 over the cap. Semin makes $6.7 and is a UFA after this season.

Swapping in Hudler gives them three million-plus in space with which to work in 2012-13.

For Detroit, adding Semin and subtracting Hudler (most likely according to the rumors I've seen) would leave Detroit with 2.7 million to go find a backup goalie, and add in a nearly point-per-game guy.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#31 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

Cap space.

Washington right now is $890,128 over the cap. Semin makes $6.7 and is a UFA after this season.

Swapping in Hudler gives them three million-plus in space with which to work in 2012-13.

For Detroit, adding Semin and subtracting Hudler (most likely according to the rumors I've seen) would leave Detroit with 2.7 million to go find a backup goalie, and add in a nearly point-per-game guy.

I don't see the Caps giving him up that easily.

#32 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

Nor do I, unless they've finally decided to take the Detroit route and start aggressively building via draft. They haven't made the finals since Detroit beat them bloody in '98, and haven't even made it out of the second round since then. Maybe they're saying the Semin experiment is over same way we do with Hudler?
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#33 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

and now...fade into dream sequence*****

"wings today have traded ericsson and hudler to the caps for alex semin"

following this bold move...the wings have turned their sights on replacing ericsson with zach bogozian as they have acquired him in a trade with winnipeg for jan mursak and 2012 3rd. round pick.

****yea.... i would be happy.

but alas...thats not going to happen.

watch...columbus or chicago get semin.

FOR NOTHING!
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#34 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

chicago wont get him.. especially if they're trying to sign sharp to an extension. wings are more likely than chitown. columbus i could see happening but the most likely thing to happen is semin staying put in washington because hes a great player and only 27.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#35 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

Err, I think he means where would we put said defenseman?

Lidstrom, Kronwall, Stuart, White, Ericsson, Commodore, Kindl... then Smith, Janik & Exelby as serviceable defenders as well. We're pretty much set there. Even if they wanted to "upgrade" at defense, who do they move out? The only potential guy I could see moving out would be Kindl, and then Commodore becomes a healthy scratch.

It's much more likely to move out a forward now, (Huds, Flip) and move that "upgraded" forward into their spot.

I assume that's what he meant but we are no more set on D then we are at forward unless Holland is actively looking to remove a forward from this lineup. Also, just because we signed guys like Commodore and Exelby certainly doesn't mean that we can't still upgrade.

#36 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

I assume that's what he meant but we are no more set on D then we are at forward unless Holland is actively looking to remove a forward from this lineup. Also, just because we signed guys like Commodore and Exelby certainly doesn't mean that we can't still upgrade.

It doesn't mean we can't, but where would we upgrade on defense? Let's assume they're going to carry 7 defensemen, considering we have 14 forwards, meaning one needs to be moved out. I don't see the team moving Lidstrom, Kronwall or Stuart. Ericsson was just signed, as were White and Commodore. So let's say Kindl gets "upgraded", which means Commodore gets bumped down to healthy scratch. So I'd say we're definitely more "set" at defense, given the circumstances surrounding each defender. I'm not saying it's not possible, but upgrading the forward position while moving out Hudler/Filppula seems much more likely to me.