• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Backup Goalie?

Rate this topic

When the dust settles, who will be our new backup?  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reason he got the blame for that series was because he became a head case. Basically showing he had no faith in himself to not only his teammates but the media as well. Legace was great when the pressure wasn't on, the second it was.......

He really was the Ying to Osgoods Yang in that regard.

now we're talking about Osgood's Yang?!?

This thread took a weird turn...

I just found the name of my new band :lol:

With Kenny saying that he'll have a backup signed by the end of the week, I would have to think he's looking at Conks or Turco. I just can't see him taking a chance on Emery given his injury history & more importantly his mental instability history.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I still think he's toying with the idea of a Philly trade. They still need to get rid of Bob.

Ty is my second guess / choice.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

I still think he's toying with the idea of a Philly trade. They still need to get rid of Bob.

Ty is my second guess / choice.

If I had to guess, I would guess a trade with NY for Nabby or Conklin as a FA, anything other than those two options and I'd be shocked...

Doesn't make sense.Bobrovski needs at least 40 games to continue his development.

Ken's looking for a backup goalie,otherwise we've already acquired Vokoun.

Doesn't make sense.Bobrovski needs at least 40 games to continue his development.

Ken's looking for a backup goalie,otherwise we've already acquired Vokoun.

Wrong...

Vokoun wanted to be a starter... Which he found in Washington...

Now...

A trade for Nabby and or signing Conks is prob the direction of Holland...

Conklin is my first choice, partially for nostagila. I barely saw him during his time for St. Louis and I know by numbers he struggled but I really liked him here and for the most part the latter part of his career from Buffalo/Pitt onward has been good.

Would be cool to give Nabakov a shot, that's my 2nd choice I guess.

I think Emery has cleaned up whatever attitude problems he might have, but I think health is a risk with him.

Not a lot of options but I don't think they'll all be snatched up overnight. Will be quite happy if Conklin is signed by the end of the week if what's being rumored is true presently.

Where in the world is Manny Fernandez?

Oh, wait... it's not 2006 anymore.

EDIT: s***. He's as old as I am. Nevermind.

EDIT2: Yes, I've been championing him since before then. No, I don't know what's wrong with me.

Edited by e_prime

I would like to see Manny Legace get signed to a two way deal but that is not going to happen. I know he got a lot of the blame for the Edmonton bounce in the first round but he was awesome all year and the D played like garbage in that series in my opinion.

Funny you bring that up, highlights of the 06 series popped up on my Youtube today.. it wasn't the bad D, Manny gave up soft goals at absolutely brutal times. He showed no mental toughness whatsoever. It's a shame, had Osgood been healthy we had a team that could've gone all the way that year.

To the question at hand, Conklin is the perfect choice to play 20-25 games next year. His career year was here, even though his save percentage wasn't great (.906) or so, 25 wins and pretty solid play from what I remember.

I would like to see Manny Legace get signed to a two way deal but that is not going to happen. I know he got a lot of the blame for the Edmonton bounce in the first round but he was awesome all year and the D played like garbage in that series in my opinion.

I remember Manny quoted saying he wanted to hang himself after a loss.

We need mental ninjas here not midgets.

Well, now that my bubble is burst, I'll go with Conks. It's funny how my choices have rotated with the seasons:

2008-2009: I wanted to see Jimmy up instead of Conklin.

2009-2010: I wanted to see us keep Conklin and leave Jimmy in GR.

2011-2012: I wanted Ozzie over Conklin.

Ah well, I'm a goalie girl at heart. And the goalies end up breaking my heart . . .

Guest CaliWingsNut

For all of us who voted for Ty Conklin, it's nice to be right lucky.

Fixed... unless of course you were in on the negotiation.

Fixed... unless of course you were in on the negotiation.

Well, it was indeed the majority...

Pretty good record on LGW when it comes to polls I've created and the majority being right (albeit by the slimmest of margins this time)