• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Interesting Info. Regarding Jagr and FA Fiasco

Rate this topic

So, Ray Shero (Pens GM) was on the Radio the other day the topic of Jagr came up and this is the general summary of Shero's comments on that:

He was told by Svboda the night before FA started that it was between them and Detroit for Jagr. He then went on the internet and saw that Jagr was actually linked to a lot more teams still, and then emailed Mario about withdrawing the offer (so as to avoid a Hossa situation). Detroit did the same about an hour later.

I translate that as Svboda (and probably Jagr as well) being fairly slimy negotiators, leading to the Pens withdrawing their offer, which quickly followed by Detroit doing that same, presummably for the same reason.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Yeah, I posted a euro news article (in the original jagr thread) stating he was courting something like 13 teams. I think it was obvious he was going for a payday, and settled for his position in Philly. Waste of money on their part.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Um ... have you been on a remote island for the past 2 weeks? Old news pal.

Thanks for the update pal.

To be honest, I wasn't paying too close attention to the Jagr talk because I could care less whether he came to Detroit or not. I don't think he has much left to offer.