• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

Obviously, interesting to see that the Red Wings aren't included in the Central. Wonder if this is just speculation on his part, or if plans are really laid out already.

http://www.sbnation....ild-owner-radio

#2 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

Obviously, interesting to see that the Red Wings aren't included in the Central. Wonder if this is just speculation on his part, or if plans are really laid out already.

http://www.sbnation....ild-owner-radio

It was already reported Bettman came to the Board of Governors meeting with a proposal. I doubt he just showed up and said were thinking of shaking things up.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 11 July 2011 - 08:25 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#3 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

I find it odd that the Jets aren't grouped with Calgary and Edmonton...hmm. Also it is interesting that Leipold seems to favor the Blue Jackets over the Wings...a different perspective than the one most LGWers have.

Our division would include the Winnipeg Jets, us, the Blues, the Nashville Predators, the Dallas Stars, Chicago Blackhawks, and maybe the Columbus Blue Jackets… maybe not depending on if they go east or west. I am all in favor of that. I think that is a grand slam, home run, hat trick for our team.

Wait...Dallas in the same division as Winnipeg? :blink:

#4 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

I find it odd that the Jets aren't grouped with Calgary and Edmonton...hmm. Also it is interesting that Leipold seems to favor the Blue Jackets over the Wings...a different perspective than the one most LGWers have.

Wait...Dallas in the same division as Winnipeg? :blink:

I'd rather see Columbus more often too if I was him. It's not like the Wild have attendance woes.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#5 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

It was already reported Bettman came to the Board of Governors meeting with a proposal. I doubt he just showed up and say were thinking of shaking things up.

Yes, and that topic wasn't on the first page of topics, so I created a new one. It's also interesting to see an owner reiterate what some of the speculation has proposed. It adds something to the rumors surrounding the realignment, and gives an idea of how the Central will potentially pan out.

#6 Autika

Autika

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

I'm drawn on the idea of the wings moving east. Sure, I like the idea of playing the leafs more, and I do think Detroit would have an easier time out east (not that they have a hard one now). I just think it would be bittersweet to move away from our more current rivals. I know the Avs aren't what they used to be, and chicago isn't going to be as difficult with all it's cap troubles, but I do find myself enjoying how much I root against the both of them. anyone else feel similar?

#7 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

I'm drawn on the idea of the wings moving east. Sure, I like the idea of playing the leafs more, and I do think Detroit would have an easier time out east (not that they have a hard one now). I just think it would be bittersweet to move away from our more current rivals. I know the Avs aren't what they used to be, and chicago isn't going to be as difficult with all it's cap troubles, but I do find myself enjoying how much I root against the both of them. anyone else feel similar?

No. It has gotten old. And Toronto, Montreal and Pittsburgh will do just fine as rivals.

Edited by Crymson, 11 July 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#8 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

i will always hate colorado, if only for nostalgia, but they really arnt the same team. they're terrible now and i think hejduks the only one left really. i wont miss playing them. i will miss playing chicago thou. god i hate that city and that team. i mean detroit and chicago have met more than any other team in the league! that will end if we move east. but frankly we belong in the east, if only chicago could move with us....

#9 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

Sure the time zone change would be nice, but I really don't see the move working in our favor as much as most of LGW seems to think. I still have my doubts on us going east as well until it happens. As I have said again and again, I think we are too much of a cash cow to move from the west. I just don't think the NHL will shoot themselves in the foot financially like that to make all of LGW happier. <_<
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#10 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

I am not a fan of the idea of moving to the East at all. I really think if they do that Columbus will go to the East and we will stay in the West in a newly formed Midwest/Central Division.

#11 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

Sure the time zone change would be nice, but I really don't see the move working in our favor as much as most of LGW seems to think. I still have my doubts on us going east as well until it happens. As I have said again and again, I think we are too much of a cash cow to move from the west. I just don't think the NHL will shoot themselves in the foot financially like that to make all of LGW happier. <_<

Agreed.

Many teams in the west want the thousands of Red Wing fans to attend games when the Wings are on the road.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#12 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

TSN Reports.

Not sure if this should be in the Wild leak thread or it's own. I leave it up to the Mods to determine whether it should be.

I am excited. The NHL got something right? I still have a hard time believing it! First the CBA now this!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#13 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

TSN Reports.

Not sure if this should be in the Wild leak thread or it's own. I leave it up to the Mods to determine whether it should be.

I am excited. The NHL got something right? I still have a hard time believing it! First the CBA now this!

Considering it's the same source, just different reporting... I'd say yes, it belongs in that thread.:blink:

#14 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

I will believe it when I see it.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#15 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

Meh, nothing really new. Not exactly confirmation. Plus, with the Phoenix situation still unsettled, I think nothing concerning relocation means anything at this point. If Phoenix moves to say Quebec, we're staying put.

#16 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

This is merely "damage control" by Leopold, trying to minimize the number of fans who bail after Minnesota got Heatley.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#17 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

National Post guesses at the realignment

Posted Image

#18 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

The above works. Then when Phoenix moves to Quebec, Dallas and Detroit move one spot west each.

#19 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

The above works. Then when Phoenix moves to Quebec, Dallas and Detroit move one spot west each.

Dallas or Winnipeg?

Edit: nevermind... I don't care cause I'm convinced phoenix isn't going that north or east.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 12 July 2011 - 03:24 PM.

#20 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

Boston, Montreal and Toronto all in our division....seriously a dream come true! It'd also be nice to beat up on Pittsburgh more often and ease Philly's mind in knowing they'll never get swept in the Stanley Cup finals by us again. :D

The only downside, this puts Kenny and Darcy's relationship on the rocks.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).