• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesusberg

2012-13 Realignment Leak?

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

Obviously, interesting to see that the Red Wings aren't included in the Central. Wonder if this is just speculation on his part, or if plans are really laid out already.

http://www.sbnation....ild-owner-radio

It was already reported Bettman came to the Board of Governors meeting with a proposal. I doubt he just showed up and said were thinking of shaking things up.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

I find it odd that the Jets aren't grouped with Calgary and Edmonton...hmm. Also it is interesting that Leipold seems to favor the Blue Jackets over the Wings...a different perspective than the one most LGWers have.

Our division would include the Winnipeg Jets, us, the Blues, the Nashville Predators, the Dallas Stars, Chicago Blackhawks, and maybe the Columbus Blue Jackets… maybe not depending on if they go east or west. I am all in favor of that. I think that is a grand slam, home run, hat trick for our team.

Wait...Dallas in the same division as Winnipeg? :blink:

I find it odd that the Jets aren't grouped with Calgary and Edmonton...hmm. Also it is interesting that Leipold seems to favor the Blue Jackets over the Wings...a different perspective than the one most LGWers have.

Wait...Dallas in the same division as Winnipeg? :blink:

I'd rather see Columbus more often too if I was him. It's not like the Wild have attendance woes.

It was already reported Bettman came to the Board of Governors meeting with a proposal. I doubt he just showed up and say were thinking of shaking things up.

Yes, and that topic wasn't on the first page of topics, so I created a new one. It's also interesting to see an owner reiterate what some of the speculation has proposed. It adds something to the rumors surrounding the realignment, and gives an idea of how the Central will potentially pan out.

I'm drawn on the idea of the wings moving east. Sure, I like the idea of playing the leafs more, and I do think Detroit would have an easier time out east (not that they have a hard one now). I just think it would be bittersweet to move away from our more current rivals. I know the Avs aren't what they used to be, and chicago isn't going to be as difficult with all it's cap troubles, but I do find myself enjoying how much I root against the both of them. anyone else feel similar?

Guest Crymson

I'm drawn on the idea of the wings moving east. Sure, I like the idea of playing the leafs more, and I do think Detroit would have an easier time out east (not that they have a hard one now). I just think it would be bittersweet to move away from our more current rivals. I know the Avs aren't what they used to be, and chicago isn't going to be as difficult with all it's cap troubles, but I do find myself enjoying how much I root against the both of them. anyone else feel similar?

No. It has gotten old. And Toronto, Montreal and Pittsburgh will do just fine as rivals.

Edited by Crymson

i will always hate colorado, if only for nostalgia, but they really arnt the same team. they're terrible now and i think hejduks the only one left really. i wont miss playing them. i will miss playing chicago thou. god i hate that city and that team. i mean detroit and chicago have met more than any other team in the league! that will end if we move east. but frankly we belong in the east, if only chicago could move with us....

Sure the time zone change would be nice, but I really don't see the move working in our favor as much as most of LGW seems to think. I still have my doubts on us going east as well until it happens. As I have said again and again, I think we are too much of a cash cow to move from the west. I just don't think the NHL will shoot themselves in the foot financially like that to make all of LGW happier. <_<

Guest CaliWingsNut

TSN Reports.

Not sure if this should be in the Wild leak thread or it's own. I leave it up to the Mods to determine whether it should be.

I am excited. The NHL got something right? I still have a hard time believing it! First the CBA now this!

Considering it's the same source, just different reporting... I'd say yes, it belongs in that thread.:blink:

Guest CaliWingsNut

The above works. Then when Phoenix moves to Quebec, Dallas and Detroit move one spot west each.

Dallas or Winnipeg?

Edit: nevermind... I don't care cause I'm convinced phoenix isn't going that north or east.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Boston, Montreal and Toronto all in our division....seriously a dream come true! It'd also be nice to beat up on Pittsburgh more often and ease Philly's mind in knowing they'll never get swept in the Stanley Cup finals by us again. :D

The only downside, this puts Kenny and Darcy's relationship on the rocks.

Guest Shoreline

I can see some bitter rivalries shaking up the division if the Wings move out east or even with a division lineup like the national post's. I love it.

Will be a skeptic that this happens, however, until I see it officially announced. Then I will party.

If Florida and Tampa moved, it would make things a lot easier on the eye when looking at that map.

Then we could just have two Eastern divisions, instead of putting a city like New York or Washington in something called the South Division.

Add Columbus to the "East" division. Move Philadelphia to the "South" division; it should be "Atlantic" or something. Move Colorado to the "Midwest" division.

That puts 7 in each Western division and 8 in each Eastern, but it keeps rivals such as Philly/NYR together.

The following would only make too much sense:

Vancouver

LA

Phoenix

SJ

Anaheim

-------------

Edmonton

Calgary

Colorado

Winnipeg

Dallas

--------------

Minnesota

Chicago

Nashville

St. Louis

Columbus

-------------

Detroit

Toronto

Montreal

Ottawa

Buffalo

--------------

Philly

NJ

Boston

NYR

NYI

--------------

Pittsburgh

Washington

Carolina

Tampa

Florida

I'd like to see a better map in terms of proximity than this

If Florida and Tampa moved, it would make things a lot easier on the eye when looking at that map.

Then we could just have two Eastern divisions, instead of putting a city like New York or Washington in something called the South Division.

Yea, but why would they move Tampa at all? Or even Florida for that matter. The former isn't moving at all, the latter would take an Atlanta-esque situation and has less likely a chance of happening than Atlanta.

Detroit will fill the arenas in the east just like they did in the west, this is a moot point. Also with a more balanced schedule westerns are going from 2 home games vs detroit to 1 home game vs Detroit plus 1 home game vs philly, pits, Washington, NYR etc.

Leopold is part of bettmans inner circle. If he saying it, then there is a lot of validity to it. The schedule has been extremely unfair to Dallas and Minnesota. Two central time zone teams whose entire divisions play in a different time zone.

I know people would like to see Vancouver and Winnipeg playing in the same division, but how many people are going to stay up and watch that?

local TV deals are becoming huge money this is all about the $$$, not about trying to get all the Canadian teams together