• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

craigjjs

Seating Question

Rate this topic

Hi. I am new to the area and have only been to two Wings games. I am trying to decide between possible season tickets. My choice is between lower bowl, row 17 behind goal and Upper bowl riser seats row 3 in Section 206, fairly close to center ice. I am going out there next week to look, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with the riser seating. Thank you.

I've only sat at center ice once and it was upper bowl like row 20, they were the best seats i've had. This saying i've sat everywhere in JLA, and I've preferred them hands down.

It really depends on how you like to watch the game.

Some people can't get behind seats that aren't like the view from home, some prefer to see from behind the net.

I say there isn't a bad seat in the place.

I have sat in both of those spots and might prefer the cheaper one, cuz I am cheap.

The ones behind the net would be my preference for view, but again, some hate looking through that mesh...

Up to you.

Oh and 206 isn't center ice.

depending on the seats, it is more blue line to just above the faceoff circles.

Had season tickets in that section for most my life.

One more thing, it kinda stinks that they shoot twice on the other end of 206... just a heads up.

I sat behind the net (might have even been exactly the 17th row too) for a playoff game and it was a perfect view even with the mesh. I don't really like sitting extremely low in the lower bowl because I found myself obstructed from the opposite corner of the ice surface. Sitting up higher in the lower bowl was excellent.

Just my opinion FWIW. As others have stated, there really aren't bad seats at the Joe. Good luck!

Thank you to everyone. You have given me information I would not have otherwise had. As for the prices, they are almost the same for riser seats as lower bowl behind the goal. Thank you again.

Craig

i too would go with 206. The problem with sitting directly behind the net is you can't see when a goal is scored...on either side typically. If you have a side view and you are elevated, you get a good view of all the action and goals. I prefer upper bowl at the joe any day of the week.

I also have sat all round the Joe....on the glass next to the zamboni chute, all the way to the very last row by the press box (there are coat hooks on the wall behind you). I like anything between the blue lines in the upper bowl. You can see plays developing much better from there, imho.

I know this doesent answer the thread but it makes me want to go to a game so bad. A lot of people like to rip on the Joe for being old and stuff but I dont think there is a bad seat in the house maybe because I dont get to go to many games but just being there in Detroit is the greatest feeling in the world. Sure the bathrooms are pretty bad and if you are claustrophobic you will probably be in trouble walking out after the game but its all worth it. I can't wait for hockey.

i too would go with 206. The problem with sitting directly behind the net is you can't see when a goal is scored...on either side typically. If you have a side view and you are elevated, you get a good view of all the action and goals. I prefer upper bowl at the joe any day of the week.

Are you kidding me? It is quite easy to see goals scored on the close end, and if you are sharp at following the puck you can tell on the other end as well, sometimes before the puck even goes in.

I also have sat all round the Joe....on the glass next to the zamboni chute, all the way to the very last row by the press box (there are coat hooks on the wall behind you). I like anything between the blue lines in the upper bowl. You can see plays developing much better from there, imho.

My season tickets were last row in front of that press box, best seats ever because they were cheap and very good.

Just my opinion FWIW. As others have stated, there really aren't bad seats at the Joe. Good luck!

This is so true, it makes me mad that people want to destroy the Joe for some new rink. I just can't imagine any arena matching how good the sight lines are. There would most likely be less great seats due to corporate boxes in the lower bowl and maybe even obstructed views from fancy layouts that can't beat a boring rectangle. Who cares about the concourse or bathrooms, the arena is about seeing the game.

All I ask is that my arena has great seats that normal people can afford. I would like to take my children to the Joe and have money left over so they could play hockey.