• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

#RedWings looking to add..Holland wants a top 4 d-man and depth forward..$7M in cap space.."He will use the $$ no question" per source #NHL

This account is usually pretty credible on rumors, at least they have so far.

The only problem I see here, is that I dont believe there is anybody left we could be interested now that we have signed White and Commo. That leads me to think this is wrong.

What do you guys think? Who else is even out there? Would it have to be a trade to get anyone else?
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#2 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

The only problem I see here, is that I dont believe there is anybody left we could be interested now that we have signed White and Commo. That leads me to think this is wrong.

What do you guys think? Who else is even out there? Would it have to be a trade to get anyone else?

Who's the account?

edit: nvm... saw you put it in the subtitle.

Edited by CaliWingsNut, 13 July 2011 - 02:30 PM.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#3 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

our d is set. a decent forward signing seems very likely though probably through trade...

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#4 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

It would definitely be a trade, you are right about not much being out there UFA. As to whom, your guess is as good as mine! There are tons of quality top 4 d-men out there, but at what cost via trade, that is the important part... It would more than likely include Kindl leaving but that would make either Commodore or Ericsson the 7th guy... I was really satisfied with the D lineup as it stood with Kindl being #7. As for a top 6 forward, that is also up in the air, that would almost guarantee Hudler and or Filppula being traded...

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#5 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Heres a list of FA's still on the market from NHL.com

Linky

#6 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

Heres a list of FA's still on the market from NHL.com

Linky

None of the guys listed are top-4 defensemen, but we already knew that there weren't any left. Is there really a need for another defenseman, though? White would be perfectly capable as a 4th guy paired with Lidstrom.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#7 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

None of the guys listed are top-4 defensemen, but we already knew that there weren't any left. Is there really a need for another defenseman, though? White would be perfectly capable as a 4th guy paired with Lidstrom.

Ya I do agree. I just think its odd that these rumors keep coming up, maybe thats why theyre just rumors..

#8 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

If he wants a top-four defenseman, I imagine Vancouver would be willing to unload Ballard.

#9 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

I think there's almost certainly no way Kenny shakes up the blue-line now unless a trade for someone serious presents itself. I don't think he'd be actively pursuing someone, but if say things fell apart with Doughty and Los Angeles. Only scenario I could see. Bringing in some kind of "upgrade", but at defense the only guy who could move out would be Kindl. Everyone else on defense just doesn't seem feasible as someone to move out.

If anything, I could see them trying to get a depth forward to take Huds/Flip's spot, but not a defender.

#10 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

If he wants a top-four defenseman, I imagine Vancouver would be willing to unload Ballard.

In before "Hudler, Kindl and a first; Get it done Kenny!"

DO not want healthy scratches for the top four.

#11 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:22 PM

I think there's almost certainly no way Kenny shakes up the blue-line now unless a trade for someone serious presents itself. I don't think he'd be actively pursuing someone, but if say things fell apart with Doughty and Los Angeles. Only scenario I could see. Bringing in some kind of "upgrade", but at defense the only guy who could move out would be Kindl. Everyone else on defense just doesn't seem feasible as someone to move out.

If anything, I could see them trying to get a depth forward to take Huds/Flip's spot, but not a defender.

I agree... if something with Doughty or Weber fell through with negotiations, those are guys you make a major play for if it presents itself, but I don't see him pursuing a trade at D at this point...

With that said, I wouldn't say only Kindl is expendable... if a player like Weber became an option, Ericsson, Stuart and maybe even to a lesser degree, Kronwall, become potential trade-able assets, just due to the rarity of the talent level you get back in Weber...

This is all hypothetical anyway though, and I don't see anything materializing of all of this, so it's probably a moo point anyway (It's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's moo.) :colgate:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#12 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

I agree... if something with Doughty or Weber fell through with negotiations, those are guys you make a major play for if it presents itself, but I don't see him pursuing a trade at D at this point...

With that said, I wouldn't say only Kindl is expendable... if a player like Weber became an option, Ericsson, Stuart and maybe even to a lesser degree, Kronwall, become potential trade-able assets, just due to the rarity of the talent level you get back in Weber...

This is all hypothetical anyway though, and I don't see anything materializing of all of this, so it's probably a moo point anyway (It's like a cow's opinion. It just doesn't matter. It's moo.) :colgate:

Posted Image
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#13 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

Yeah, I didn't mean expendable. I just meant that I see them keeping Stuart because they like him and he's a reliable top 4 guy. As far as Ericsson, Holland's style isn't a sign and trade, and I doubt someone would want him for 3.25 million anyway. I just figured based on the different situations around the d-men, they wouldn't be likely to be moved. If we could land Weber or Doughty, nearly anyone would be expendable IMO.

#14 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, I didn't mean expendable. I just meant that I see them keeping Stuart because they like him and he's a reliable top 4 guy. As far as Ericsson, Holland's style isn't a sign and trade, and I doubt someone would want him for 3.25 million anyway. I just figured based on the different situations around the d-men, they wouldn't be likely to be moved. If we could land Weber or Doughty, nearly anyone would be expendable IMO.

Grigorenko's rights for Weber's rights, straight up! :hehe:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#15 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

Grigorenko's rights for Weber's rights, straight up! :hehe:

Grigorenko led Salavat in goals in the KHL playoffs on their way to the Championship. Nashville would be stupid not to take that trade!

Edit: Not to mention he played on the same team as Radulov, so there's a double whammy!

Edited by Wings_Toledo, 13 July 2011 - 03:59 PM.

#16 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

I dont think we need a top 4 D... I want a winger with our cap space...

It is Kronwall's time to get a bigger role with the Wings. He can take over as the number 2 defenseman with White and Stuart in the 3/4 slots. In stead of worrying about trying to replace Rafalski and Lidstrom we only have to replace 1. Kronwall can be a number 2 on our team and the added pressure of knowing he needs to play up to that level could push him.

crash

#17 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

That site seems really good because it deletes the stuff they get wrong.

#18 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

ya...all this, I believe the D is set, Commodore makes up for Salei and White will be a fine replacement for Rafalksi, and he is even meaner than Brian. Given the fact that Kindl is pegged to be #7 rotating most likely with Commodore, I don't see a top 4 coming here. But you just never know whats going on in Hollands head and if a legit TOP 4 d-man becomes available for the right price in return, Holland will make the deal if it betters his team.

I have resigned myself to accepting that this team is set minus a #2 goalie, yes even keeping Hudler, so I can see this being the team starting the season, again, unless an opportunity comes up to get a sniper or a REAL TOP 4 defender. Of course, I am done dropping names, since it never happens anyhow...:lol:

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#19 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

Assuming the fans in Smashville will burn the Bridgestone arena if Weber somehow finish here and that we can't impress Dean Lombardi with picks and prospects pool...we're set on D :hehe:

That lead us to potential winger signing.Ken passed on Gagne,Ryder,Jokkinen...but big nose is still available.

Posted Image

GET IT DONE KEN :lol:

#20 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

Source is junk, the rumors they get right are already reported and the ones they get wrong are usually reading into local sports writers and bad translations from foreign sites.
I know they we're useless during July 1st.