• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Still some noise about Wings picking up a top 4 Dman

Rate this topic

if ANYTHING happens it will be up front, Holland did not give Commie a million dollars to sit up in the press box! Holland could've just given Kindl the 6th spot and let Janik sit up in the press box for a smaller cap hit. Commie is your #6, get used to it. Everyone in the organization says Smith is ready, doesn't mean he is gonna be here, but that makes Kindl and Janik the expendable ones on D in a trade scenario along with Hudler and unfortunately Filppula and/or Emmerton/Mursak up front in a trade scenario. The D is set even if Kindl and/or Janik get traded. Say what you will, but any combination of the six mentioned players would bring us a very good top 6 forward in return and that would make this team even better...

...concerning next year, I am pretty sure whomever Holland acquires, this will be the last year of his contract, for I do believe Holland wants to have as much cap as possible to acquire Lidstrom's eventual replacement.

Edited by LeftWinger

Maybe Shea Weber will pull a "Hulk Hogan to the NWO" move, and join the Wings.

:D

That would be so awesome. I used to always imagine that if hockey was like wrestling, a player would fire a puck into his own net in a tied playoff game - removing his jersey to reveal the opponent's sweater.

if ANYTHING happens it will be up front, Holland did not give Commie a million dollars to sit up in the press box! Holland could've just given Kindl the 6th spot and let Janik sit up in the press box for a smaller cap hit. Commie is your #6, get used to it.

Draper was making over a mil last year and was in the pressbox quite a bit. Hudler and Ericsson were healthy scratches last year and were making well over a $1 mil. Commodore is an injury prone, -17 defenseman over the past couple years and was waived by the friggin Blue Jackets. He'll be adequate stepping in as a number 6 defenseman in the event of an injury, but I don't feel like Commodore is a solution to our defensive problems. "Getting used to" Commodore being a 6th defenseman is like saying "get used to getting knocked out of the second round again". Better options are available and unless these defenseman want too much, there's no reason not to go with one of them.

Maybe Shea Weber will pull a "Hulk Hogan to the NWO" move, and join the Wings.

:D

If we're going NWO, then hopefully he brings Scott Hall (Ryan Suter) and Kevin Nash (Pekke Rinne) with him :hehe:

You literally stole the words right out of my mouth. No joke, I was going to say the exact same thing. It's funny though because before adding Rinne into the joke I sat here trying to think of any Nashville forward good enough or worthwhile for the Wings to call Nash and since they have s*** for forwards Rinne won out. Rinne is awesome but we're set with Howard.

You're -3 now Travis for that. It's like you're Christian Ehrhoff on a SCF game.

Now that was worth a +1.

Draper was making over a mil last year and was in the pressbox quite a bit. Hudler and Ericsson were healthy scratches last year and were making well over a $1 mil. Commodore is an injury prone, -17 defenseman over the past couple years and was waived by the friggin Blue Jackets. He'll be adequate stepping in as a number 6 defenseman in the event of an injury, but I don't feel like Commodore is a solution to our defensive problems. "Getting used to" Commodore being a 6th defenseman is like saying "get used to getting knocked out of the second round again". Better options are available and unless these defenseman want too much, there's no reason not to go with one of them.

I agree, but I was reffering to the current d-corps. If it stays the same, I don't see Commie being #7 and Kindl #6. But, by all means, if there is a trade in the works for a defender that will be #3-#4, then sure I can see Commie being #7. But as it stands, Commie is #6 over Kindl...

however....Draper is done, that is why he rode the press box a lot last year and he was signed a few years ago, you know my opinion on Hudler and Ericsson was atrocious last season. Commie will be better than Ericsson this year, bet on it. Commie was signed this year to play a specific role, and I don't see that being the #7 or he would've been offered a lot less than $1M. Janik could come in a be #7 for less money. If Commie was signed to be #7, then it makes no sense what-so-ever when Holland already had a few #7 defensemen already signed.

Edited by LeftWinger

Didn't Shea Weber announce post elimination that his heart stands in Nashville and he was looking for a long-term deal with the franchise during the offseason?

shea weber said this:

It's going to get done," Weber said, according to The [Nashville] Tennessean. "Obviously, this is a place I love to play, and you saw how close we were this year to getting to the conference finals, and possibly further. This is a place I want to be, and it's going to be a matter of time before something gets done."

shea weber said this:

It's going to get done," Weber said, according to The [Nashville] Tennessean. "Obviously, this is a place I love to play, and you saw how close we were this year to getting to the conference finals, and possibly further. This is a place I want to be, and it's going to be a matter of time before something gets done."

Is this enough to stop Wings fans from making "Let's get Weber!" comments?

Guest CaliWingsNut

Is this enough to stop Wings fans from making "Let's get Weber!" comments?

Nope. They'll keep saying it till he's signed somewhere.

I'm all for getting Weber, just don't think it'll happen.

Would be very interested and curious to see if such a thing would happen, as I assume they still have a good bit of cap space room to make something happen if they wanted, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think the defense is all but set. We all know what Lidstrom and Stuart and Krownall will bring, hopefully Ericsson will play a bit more aggressive/inspired with a new big contract (regardless of whether you think he is overpaid or not, that's not the point of this and I really don't want to go into that saga), Ian White was a good signing, and hopefully Commodore can fill one of the 5th/6th slots effectively.

On paper, looks fairly solid.

Hudler, Kindl, and a 1st Round Pick for Weber!

Sign Weber for $6.2M

Then trade Emmerton and a 2nd for Wheeler's rights!

Get 'r done Kenny!

So all we need to do is send Ferraro, McCollum and a third round pick for Semin and Vokoun and we're set.

So all we need to do is send Ferraro, McCollum and a third round pick for Semin and Vokoun and we're set.

Nah, could've had Vokoun for $1.5M, he just didn't want to be #2 behind Howard, he wants to start, so he went to Washington...

I'd take Semin for sure, and I would sacrifice a prospect and a roster player...