Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

only trades I can see is, huds and kindl for carle and bobs

#22 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

The rumor is that the Wings are still trying to trade for a top D man... I have heard that many times.

Word has it that Holland is trying to convince Nashville to trade Weber. I have heard it whispered across the internet in many questionable places. The idea is since Weber wants a short term deal, the Wings are trying to convince them to move him as they won't be in the same division again. Still believe it is a possibility, though a long shot.

Nashville doesn't want to do it, but they will consider it if it becomes apparent that they will lose him. Therefore, it won't happen until at least later in the offseason after the arbitration. I still think they won't make a move until the deadline.

I think Holland expects Lidstrom to want to stay to play next to Weber, so he will be willing to overpay to get him. However, if it ends up Weber gets his one year contract I think he might wait till next season to go after him.

Again, longshot. I think it is a long, long, shot.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#23 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:34 PM

I also wanted to throw in, the reason for this is because Holland is playing the cap like he wants to keep about 7-8 million in cap... which is suspicious... It IMPLIES trade.

I feel he is going to do his due diligence, but he won't make bad trade just to do one.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#24 pazzloski

pazzloski

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

I seriously doubt that weber will end up with the wings whether it be this season or next. Having said that, if he does become a wing im ordering a weber jersey that day.

#25 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

I seriously doubt that weber will end up with the wings whether it be this season or next. Having said that, if he does become a wing im ordering a weber jersey that day.

its a fantasy among LGWers, cant say that I dont have that fantasy :wub:

#26 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,653 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

Maybe Larry Murphy is planning a comeback.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#27 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

Maybe Larry Murphy is planning a comeback.

Heard the contract's currently at 12 dogs a game.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#28 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:02 PM

But he needs dough for the booze.

#29 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:02 PM

With a Miller Lite keg if he plays more than 67 games, a frosty mugs for his playoff appearances.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#30 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

I think with that much cap space its pretty obvious that Holland is lookng around for a trade.

Anyone saying the wings d is set and fine with White replacing Rafalski... Yeah sure it might be solid, but why not add another top 4 and turn it into one of the top defenses in the league with how shady the wings d has been?

Yeah its a good defense, but nothing that special really. Another guy of Whites calibre even to make the team deeper would make a huge difference

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#31 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

Looking for a trade and getting one are two different things. I'm sure Holland IS looking for more players, but he's not getting his hopes up and we shouldn't either. This story this summer has been the Wings getting rejected for trades and FA signings. I don't see this changing.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#32 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

big E, and hudler for weber straight up.

#33 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

I think with that much cap space its pretty obvious that Holland is lookng around for a trade.

Anyone saying the wings d is set and fine with White replacing Rafalski... Yeah sure it might be solid, but why not add another top 4 and turn it into one of the top defenses in the league with how shady the wings d has been?

Yeah its a good defense, but nothing that special really. Another guy of Whites calibre even to make the team deeper would make a huge difference

So trade away kindl in the process. Everybody complains about youth and were going to trade away what could be a decent (not amazing) defenseman. Let Kronwall take the number 2 spot. He earned it and let white and Stuart make the 3/4 with Ericsson as the optional top 4 guy as holland has been saying. According to Holland we currently have 5 top 4 defenseman

#34 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

whooooooooaaaaaaa 12 dogs a game? if he stays healthy thats almost 1000 dogs a season!!!! i kno murph is obviously still decent but we dont overpay players here in detroit...this isnt columbus. let em walk

#35 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

I dunno why Fil keeps getting thrown in the 'potential trade bait' pile... Holland and Babcock have never once even remotely implied that Fil could be traded. According to pretty much every account, they're happy with him.

#36 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

I dunno why Fil keeps getting thrown in the 'potential trade bait' pile... Holland and Babcock have never once even remotely implied that Fil could be traded. According to pretty much every account, they're happy with him.

There were some rumors/speculation that Filppula was available in a trade at the draft. It makes sense because he's really the only player we have who has value and we would possibly trade. Who else would we trade?
Lidstrom-no
Datsyuk-no
Zetterberg-no
Homer-no
Franzen-very unlikely. We lack scoring wingers and his contract hurts his value.
Hudler-possibly, but wouldn't get much in return
Bertuzzi-no
Cleary-no
Helm-no
Abdelkader-unlikely. Not too valuable anyways
Eaves-no
Miller-no
Kronwall-no
Stuart-no
Ericsson-unlikely. I don't think Kenny would sign and trade plus his contract hurts his value
White-no
Commie-no
Kindl-possibly, but would have to be packaged (probably with Filppula) to get anything good in return
Howard-no

#37 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:25 PM

I think Everyone just knows that if there is a big trade to be had, that would most likely be the piece that Holland would be willing to trade that would hurt the least out of the MAJOR players in our organization. I think it would hurt way too much though..l I doubt a Fil trade will happen unless we get a clearly better player. I.E. That won't happen.

Holland will trade picks though... Things will make sense the later in the season it goes.

I also really believe that we won't make a big deal until we know what we have in Commodore, White, and E. You don't sign and trade, but you do trade a signee at the deadline no prob.

So trade away kindl in the process. Everybody complains about youth and were going to trade away what could be a decent (not amazing) defenseman. Let Kronwall take the number 2 spot. He earned it and let white and Stuart make the 3/4 with Ericsson as the optional top 4 guy as holland has been saying. According to Holland we currently have 5 top 4 defenseman

We have d in the pipeline that can be decent. Kindl would suck to lose, but not if we get back something to help us win now.

#38 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

Consider the perspective of other teams. Who would you actually want on the Red Wings that you could afford?

#39 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

We should forget about using the cash this season. Next off-season sign Tim Gleason to a 5 year deal, a top 6 forward and then we are set! :thumbup:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#40 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:47 AM

We should forget about using the cash this season. Next off-season sign Tim Gleason to a 5 year deal, a top 6 forward and then we are set! :thumbup:

Tim Gleason :blink:

I do think that it is entirely possible that this is what he is going to do. Again having read EVERYTHING on this, it is more about the concept that Holland is still trying to save cap space like he expects to use it THIS YEAR.

That doesn't mean he does use it, but he is definitely kicking tires and keeping an ear to the ground.

The Weber angle is just stapling Three rumors together.

Apparently Weber LOVED playing with Lidstrom almost as much as Lids loved playing with Weber.
Two, Weber is mad about the arbitration rights/intrigued about becoming a UFA and wants a short term contract which might be a sly way of saying get me out of town.
Three, Holland is looking to make the team better and is saving money to do so in a peculiar manner.

It adds up to nothing but a bigger rumor.

It also could signify that Hudler has got to go and this is what he wants the most in return.