Photo
- - - - -

Hockey jerseys perish in SE Michigan storm this week.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

I feel so bad for this guy, I'd be going crazy if I were him. I was in Dearborn working when this storm came through, it was nasty.

He does not have a happy face on in this pic!

http://www.freep.com...n|img|FRONTPAGE

Matt Palmer, if you're a member of this board, my condolences go out to you!!!

#2 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

When I read your topic title I thought it happened to you Neal. I'm glad it didn't but I feel bad for Matt he sure did look sad. That one looked salvageable at least. No amount of insurance can replace that jersey alone.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#3 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:50 AM

I still hope he had insurance. He could have actually gotten a ton of cash from such an event. Might not replace memories, but could help the guy get new ones.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#4 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

I couldn't get it to load. What's the story?

#5 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

There were some very strong storms here Monday and this guy's house had fire damage. He had a bunch of autographed jerseys, one that was in the picture was a Hall of Fame jersey covered in signatures from hall of famers.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#6 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

Oh, no. That's horrible. I hope that's the worst of the damage and no people were hurt, but that just has to sting.

#7 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

Wow I feel really sorry for this guy
IPB Image

#8 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

Unless he's had the jerseys appraised, with the appropriate paperwork, the insurance company will probably only pay for the cost of the jersey alone. I have a friend who recently had his house robbed, and the insurance co. will do just about anything to get out of paying for things. They love to take your money, but hate to pay you what you're owed.

I couldn't get it to load. What's the story?

This guy lost a bunch of signed jerseys due to smoke/fire damage after a major storm went through the Detroit area. Here's the pic of his most valuable one, estimated to be worth $30,000. All of the signatures are hockey hall of famers.

* Just saw that a clothing restoration company is trying to help him save the salvageable ones.

Posted Image

Edited by ACallToArms, 14 July 2011 - 01:59 PM.

#9 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,907 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

Oh, wow. That's a loss.
Glad the clothing company is trying to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users