15 replies to this topic

#1 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=371688

It happened during weight training. Poor bastard. The Jackets are heading back to the FA market now.

#2 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

They will be in the market for a foreward now. give them hudler in exchange for a first rounder and a late round pick. or hudler for boll and a late rounder.

#3 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:49 PM

Drew Miller for James Wisniewski, 3 first rounders and the rights to the phallic-canon.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#4 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

Who on the Jackets would the Wings want, if anyone, not named Nash, Mason, etc.?

#5 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

They will be in the market for a foreward now. give them hudler in exchange for a first rounder and a late round pick. or hudler for boll and a late rounder.

Yeah, Boll, 1st rounder... Pretty much the same thing.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#6 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

I dont really know who I would want off of CBJ (Aside from their top end stars)..

But god damn that would have to hurt. :scared:

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#7 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

They're not going to trade a 1st for a forward. They'll sign a decent guy to fill a spot. Sergei Samsonov, Alexei Kovalev, and Mike Comrie are all available and would replace Huselius' scoring. They need to sign at least one more defenseman and three more forwards, and also a spare skater at either position. Huselius is likely to miss half the season, which would provide about $2.4 in cap relief as he is quite overpaid. None of the three I mentioned above should cost much beyond that, if at all. Realistically, that shouldn't matter as Columbus is unlikely to spend to the cap.

Who on the Jackets would the Wings want, if anyone, not named Nash, Mason, etc.?

Mason is one of the better backups in the league. *hears mumbling* What, he's their starter? Poor guys.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#8 KDDRWINGS1

KDDRWINGS1

Calmer than you.

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:58 AM

I guess I'll take Drury off the wish list.

#9 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:27 AM

I don't want anyone on their team. Period.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#10 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

I don't want anyone on their team. Period.

If you wouldn't want some Nash sporting the winged wheel I am losing faith in you brother. I wouldn't clear a roster for the man but i'd welcome him with open arms if he came to us looking for a deal.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#11 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

Hudler, Kindl and a first for Dorsett. Make it happen, Kenny!

#12 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:40 AM

That just sounds very painful
IPB Image

#13 doomsday

doomsday

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hudler, Kindl and a first for Dorsett. Make it happen, Kenny!

You're joking right?

#14 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

There's about a <1% chance of us trading with Columbus, for a litany of reasons...

Back to the REAL topic. This really hurts Columbus, who was probably the most improved team in the off-season with their additions, they're probably going to need to trade (this will not happen with Detroit) to fill this hole, as there aren't really any viable options left out there in FA, although they could take a gamble on a guy like Kovalev... which may fit there...

EDIT - There's also still Prospal, Miettinen and Frolov, so I guess it's just a matter if they're willing to take a gamble on any of these guys, they could still fill this hole via FA I suppose

Edited by stevkrause, 14 July 2011 - 09:58 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#15 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

You're joking right?

Yeah. Sadly, I think some people would actually go for that. I don't think anyone except for Nash and Carter is an upgrade individually on what we've got.

#16 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

If you wouldn't want some Nash sporting the winged wheel I am losing faith in you brother. I wouldn't clear a roster for the man but i'd welcome him with open arms if he came to us looking for a deal.

Do you want to pay the price for Nash? It would be too high for my blood.

I guess if you are talking hypothetically, yeah I would want Nash. I also wanted Carter, though it still is hard to consider him an Ohio player now.

Def, don't want Wizdoucheki.

In fact, I was thinking of sending him a Nyan cat over this. :ph34r:

Oh and I am touched anyone has faith in me!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.