• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:52 PM

For the last three, not Bahstin Celtics, New England Patriots and Manchester United?

What is this "Celtics" you speak of? The only thing I ever hear about is some "Sell-ticks".
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#22 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

What is this "Celtics" you speak of? The only thing I ever hear about is some "Sell-ticks".

Heard it from some "Bird" on her way to the mall to pick up Rosetta Stone.

#23 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

I find sometimes during the playoffs it's tough to be a Wings fan just because expectations are so high, and when we don't win there's so much criticism from the media, fans of other teams, and even Wings fans.

However once the playoffs are over, and when I go through all my Championship gear, collectibles, and games from 1997, 1998, 2002, and 2008, I'm reminded how luck I am to see 6 Western Conference Championships, and 4 Stanley Cup Championships.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#24 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

I find sometimes during the playoffs it's tough to be a Wings fan just because expectations are so high, and when we don't win there's so much criticism from the media, fans of other teams, and even Wings fans.

However once the playoffs are over, and when I go through all my Championship gear, collectibles, and games from 1997, 1998, 2002, and 2008, I'm reminded how luck I am to see 6 Western Conference Championships, and 4 Stanley Cup Championships.

I'm pretty sure just about every fan here has high expectations of the team, deservedly so. Although, if Puck Daddy read the Red Wings forum, he might come to a different interpretation of "happy", to "schizo" or "old man's bitching relentlessly syndrome".

#25 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

its a cool analysis, but to imply a purely empirical breakdown of playoff success directly correlates to how easy it is to be a fan of a team is simply absurd. had they simply titled the article 'most playoff success in recent years' it would have been great.

but the instant you bring in the factor of fans and emotions it is no longer a simple statistical breakdown. expectations play a factor. regular season success not leading to playoff success plays a factor. not being able to take the next step in the playoffs is a factor.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#26 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

For the last three, not Bahstin Celtics, New England Patriots and Manchester United?

What do the Lakers and Steelers have in common that the Celtics and Patriots don't? Simple answer in regards to each team's superstars and their predatory ways.

As far Barca and ManU...meh, it's just soccer :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#27 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

i new it all u wingz fans are jst a bunch of banwagoners detroit sux

/blackhawks fan

P.S. - Did anyone notice that the Lions are the toughest NFL team to root for, and somehow the Pistons were third-easiest in the NBA? Weird spread we have.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#28 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

i new it all u wingz fans are jst a bunch of banwagoners detroit sux

/blackhawks fan

P.S. - Did anyone notice that the Lions are the toughest NFL team to root for, and somehow the Pistons were third-easiest in the NBA? Weird spread we have.

How peculiar. I've been rooting for the Lions for almost a half century, and as long as you know which slogan to say at which time, you're fine. For those who don't follow the Lions, the slogans are: "We're not mathematically eliminated yet!" and "There's always next year!"

Root for the Lions until their season is over (mathematical elimination), and then it's time for the Wings to start playing. In a good year, one doubles up a bit, but since the Lions only play once a week, and almost always on a Sunday, it rarely causes conflict.

Not to mention that the Lions bumper sticker makes a great theft deterrent.

Edited by 55fan, 20 July 2011 - 07:49 AM.