• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jmo

Mike Commodore: Wear Red Wings Jersey #64

Rate this topic

He's already said that he's going to do it and the Wings equipment manager already ok'ed it. I'm not sure why a petition is necessary.

This I had not heard, but good for him. :thumbup: do we have a source?

Guest echos myron

He's already said that he's going to do it and the Wings equipment manager already ok'ed it. I'm not sure why a petition is necessary.

commie22 Mike Commodore For those asking, I have not decided what # I am wearing yet...but I am considering #64. Need to talk to equip manager..decide at camp 7 Jul

Personally, I think its gimmicky and stupid.

Plus, I'm sure a lot of the main people pushing so hard for him to wear it are the people from Commodore themselves to help promote their new Commodore 64 computer, and nerds who don't give a s*** about hockey or the Wings and just think it cool that there might be a player in some sport with a "Commodore 64" jersey.

Personally, I think its gimmicky and stupid.

Plus, I'm sure a lot of the main people pushing so hard for him to wear it are the people from Commodore themselves to help promote their new Commodore 64 computer, and nerds who don't give a s*** about hockey or the Wings and just think it cool that there might be a player in some sport with a "Commodore 64" jersey.

I hope this is a joke.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I hope this is a joke.

Nope... they are bringing it back to life.

So if player wants to have a good relationship with the fans by wearing the number they want and growing the afro,that's stupid :o

Fans of the Commodore 64 computer? Don't you think he should be thinking more of Red Wings fans instead? I can guarantee you that the majority of Wings fans think its a gimmick and hope he doesn't choose it. Most of the people in support of the idea, as I mentioned before, are just fans of the idea of a player wearing "Commodore 64" and aren't Wings fans. Don't confuse the vocal minority with the majority. Also don't confuse all people in support of a "Commodore 64" sports jersey as being Wings fans, or even hockey fans.

I hope this is a joke.

Nope.

The Commodore computer company has already made public statements pushing for him to wear it and saying how ecstatic they would be and how it would be great for their company and brand awareness and the relaunch of the C64. They have a LOT to gain if he chooses it. Like millions in free advertising.

Edited by sleepwalker

The Commodore computer company has already made public statements pushing for him to wear it and saying how ecstatic they would be and how it would be great for their company and brand awareness and the relaunch of the C64. They have a LOT to gain if he chooses it. Like millions in free advertising.

How much advertising potential do you think Mike Commodore really has? It's kind of dumb, yeah, but it's his choice and it's all in the name of fun. He can choose 00 for all I care.

Fans of the Commodore 64 computer? Don't you think he should be thinking more of Red Wings fans instead? I can guarantee you that the majority of Wings fans think its a gimmick and hope he doesn't choose it. Most of the people in support of the idea, as I mentioned before, are just fans of the idea of a player wearing "Commodore 64" and aren't Wings fans. Don't confuse the vocal minority with the majority. Also don't confuse all people in support of a "Commodore 64" sports jersey as being Wings fans, or even hockey fans.

Fair enough,but I don't have any contact with the North America Wings fans except on the internet forums and on the LGW the majority of them are for or don't give a s*** about the number he's gonna wear.

I'd like to see it, personally. In truth, I don't see it as a gimmick- it's a fun play on words, like Tootoo wearing 22.

...or Miro Satan playing for the Devils :hehe:

it's a freaking number. He has worked hard his entire life to be where he is; he deserves to choose a number that he wishes. A number is personal preference; it doesn't always have to be some warm hearted soft story to go along with it. Would you rather he pick something ultra original such as his birth year? That has not been done before.

How much advertising potential do you think Mike Commodore really has? It's kind of dumb, yeah, but it's his choice and it's all in the name of fun. He can choose 00 for all I care.

don't you remember "the great ketchup boom" of 2000 when steve heinze wore #57 for the sabres? :P

seriously though, i think he will wear it now mainly because of the charity pressure. he seems to have a good sense of humor as well so why not. that jersey will sell like hell if it happens.

and is there any evidence that any of those petitions have ever worked?

Guest echos myron

Well, he plays for one of the most popular hockey teams. One that is broadcast to millions on NBC and on other teams local broadcasts. I'm sure announcers would bring it up in their broadcasts regularly like they do with every other semi-interesting fact about a player.

I guess word is out that I will be wearing 22 this year. It was a really tough decision that I went back and forth on many times. Wearing 64 would have been neat and cool, but I just didn't feel like this was the right year to do it. In my opinion getting an opportunity to play in Detroit is a special thing, and I felt like I needed to wear a # that is special to me. 22 is that # for me.

Mike Commodore via Twitter.

He also revealed that he will match all of the $64 donations and donate it to a charity that has yet to be determined.

Mike Commodore via Twitter.

He also revealed that he will match all of the $64 donations and donate it to a charity that has yet to be determined.

Class move, it was fun, but you gotta appreciate his ability to play along, ultimately go with what he felt was best and still make a charitable donation in the interest of the push for 64