• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jmo

Mike Commodore: Wear Red Wings Jersey #64

Rate this topic

I didn't even know what a Commodore 64 was until people explained it here, but now I have to admit that I'm disappointed. I like numbers that aren't the run-of-the-mill type things. It's cool that he did the charity thing, though.

I think if I was Commodore I would have made the same choice. He doesn't want to be some one year gimmick, even though it would have been kind of cool to see. I think this move shows that he is serious about improving his play and making an impact with the Wings. :thumbup:

Let's hope he's not as useless as our last #22.

Lebda is great... hes going to singlehandly make Weber and Suter look a lot better defensively, raising their price tags and giving Detroit a better chance to sign them.

I agree that Commodore chose the right course of action. He had fun with it and let it run its course, but was ultimately a pro about it. He even handled the announcement well. Really class move by him to match the donations, too. Also tweeted that he'd be buying a Commodore 64 for the support.

I think I may have misjudged this Commodore fellow.

Mike Commodore via Twitter.

He also revealed that he will match all of the $64 donations and donate it to a charity that has yet to be determined.

That's pretty awesome! Last I heard it was around $6k.

He should pick one of those "a computer in every home" organizations as his charity :)

He can wear 64 during his last few years before retirement while playing for a different organization.

EDIT: They can really run with the whole marketing thing if he plays for Toronto, where Commodore Intl was founded or Pittsburgh/Philly because its current headquarters is in Pennsylvania.

Edited by Red Wings Addict

Mike did a very good job of appeasing both the people who wanted him to wear 64 and those who prefer he didn't. I've always thought a # should be a special personal choice that also respects the jersey and not a vanity license plate or an advertisement.

A defenceman for the junior Portland Winter Hawks about 10 years ago chose the number 31 because that's the age his father was when he died. I think about things like this, and Gordie wearing a red and white #9 proudly for over two decades, when I think about petitions like this.

22 wasn`t always inhabited by a waste of a jersey. Dino Ciccarelli was the first to come to mind.