• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Chris Osgood announces retirement

Rate this topic

Guest echos myron

cmon man its over. too many health issues learn from raffi.

really holland? rather have a 38 year old who could only play 11 games last year then a 22 year old back up?

better have something up your sleeve with 8mil to spend

really brett? rather have a 22 year old who could only save 87% of the shots against in the AHL?

Please let this be a retirement...

Not trying to be disrespectful if it is, but nothing scares me more about the upcoming season than Osgood being our backup.

If it is, he's had an amazing career. I've been happy to have him as a wing so many years and championships.

I hope he proves you wrong and he has a great season.

Too bad for us.

You'll change your mind once he get's going.

He would have to paint Babcocks house or something in order to get even a game to get going...

Bab's moved into his old house when he came here, I'm not sure if he's still there but that's enough. :P

I am very happy for this announcement. Ozzie is going to have a great season and prove to everyone that he did deserve this signing. Maybe people will remember all the success he's had with the Wings so he can retire with everyone's love instead of hate.

i cannot believe how some of or most of you pple are against ozzie. the man took us into the finals back to back in the last 3 years.. yea he has been real banged up.. but would you really want emery back there? instead of ozzie... yea conks wud be good hes been here before to.. but what ozzie brings to the team no golie in the market would... i pray to GOD he stays healthy as possible.. and im real glad that joey mac is our 3rd guy. but come on pple ozzies done so much for our team give him a shot. ps.. off the bench in 2008 it wouldnt of been possible at all not even close! wihtout him that year..

He was great in the playoffs. He couldn't stop a beachball in the regular season.

So which matters more to you?

I am going to be laughing hard if he is healthy and has a stellar season.

Folks have short term memory issues as Osgood came off the bench in 2008 and well, there was a parade with that big shiny metal thing.

No Ozzie to bailout Hasek in 08 and no Stanley cup. But what do I k ow that was like 10 years ago

Edited by kylee

True, but they didn't have to play those games if they didn't get the series momentum stolen from them. I don't care if it sounds like conspiracy theories or whining, I know what I saw. Bad calls that allowed an inferior team to extend a series, and ultimately win by the slimmest of margins.

We don't get to call that one a championship, but I will always be satisfied knowing we were the better team and have found peace with that. Osgood unfortunately needed the actual credit more than just the victory of the soul.

You have your opinion on this matter, here is mine....

The best team always wins a 7 game series. The Red Wings were not the better team that series. Osgood was awesome in that series though, and I do approve of the signing for an additional year.

I am jacked about Ozzie coming back but do we know if he is even healthy?!?!

Why should we know that?

Detnews article

Rollie Thompson , Osgood's agent, was in the dark, too.

"I came back from my cottage, turned on the computer, and saw there was a news conference for (today)," Thompson said. "It's all news to me."

Thompson said he texted Osgood Monday evening and was told Osgood was "meeting with Kenny."

Thompson said he has spoken to Holland in recent weeks, but has yet to discuss any sort of contract issues regarding Osgood.

I find it weird if Osgood is going to announce that he's coming back, but his agent hasn't discussed about any contracts yet.

Now, everyone is reporting he is going to retire now... WTF is going on...

A source confirmed to The Macomb Daily late Monday that today’s noon conference call, which will include Osgood and Wings general manager Ken Holland, will be to announce the netminder’s retirement.

The F going on is just normal anxious speculation during off-season when there isn't many hockey news stories around.

I don't know... I really don't. It makes no sense for a conference call to be the way he retires. Almost a slap in the face.

Yeah, Khan at M-live just reported 15 minutes ago that Osgood is apparently set to retire.

:(

MLive

I just know I am PISSED. All of this anxiety about it, followed by a bit of happiness that a really great guy gets a chance at redemption and to silence his critics, only for more uncertainty and a possible let down?

I just feel upset about it. Worse then feeling down about something is getting fooled about what is going to happen... and getting let down.

Wow so... Wait what's Ozzie gonna do now? Is it a press conference or a conference call or what?

Still a conference call.

Edited by Majsheppard

Hats off to a tremendous career, my favorite goalie in the NHL. 400 wins speaks for itself, gonna miss Ozzie if it is indeed true, but it was time. His heart wanted to play but the body just couldn't anymore. Probably gonna be an emotional week if Drapes retires too :(

Guest Crymson

Yeah, and went 26-9.

What a sieve.

Are you sure you're remembering properly? Osgood's sv% was .890; he was indeed a sieve. He won so many games because the Wings could outscore almost any team on a nightly basis. The #2 offensive team in the west scored 31 less goals, and the #2 offensive team overall scored 21 less.

Edited by Crymson