• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Chris Osgood announces retirement

Rate this topic

Unlikely. At minimum, it will go to the "unofficial" status where #2, #6, #16, and #91 currently reside.

Is #91 there? It wouldn't bother me at all.

Eventually, I think it will be worn again, but it will be a while, certainly not this generation.

I never thought i'd see it :( since I started watching hockey, Ozzy has been a part of this organization(Besides his short journeys in St. Louis and Long Island). Thanks for everything you've contributed to the organization, Oz. Guy always seemed like a class act and a great guy off the ice. In my opinion, #30 should be in the rafters at the Joe. He could be one of the most underrated goaltenders of all-time. That said, he was never the flashiest. He never blew you away with the stats. He just got s*** done. Bottom line. His jersey is next on my wish list. Best of luck the rest of the way, Ozman. You will be missed in Hockeytown and by Red Wings fans all over the world. Good to see he is sticking around with the organization. Seriously gonna look for an Ozzy chant ringtone :thumbup:

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Here's to you, Ozzie. Since I was in 1st grade, you were our dependable home-town goalie, through thick and thin. A true Red Wing if I ever saw one. Good thing Nick didn't retire this year because that would just be too much to take.

Wrestled all summer with decision - knew he could play & would miss the team and the Joe; body tipped the scales as well as being at home more with family. Kenny offered him the "coaching" job & thought he'd be more useful in that capacity. He felt it was right time; was very nervous yesterday until the words left his lips. He's confident he made right decision.

Just got back from trip with Drapes, Hank, Howie & unnamed others to UK; made it harder to make decision because he was with a lot of team mates. Drapes helped make decision.

Stony asked how he manages to shake off bad goals so successfully - earlier coaches stressed this daily; learned from Cheli and Vernon; HoF - wants to be in (!) looks forward to it happening, feels he should make it, especially after playing with NY & St. Louis; more proud of playoff performances than regular season overall. Stony admits he said no, because he thinks Oz wasn't a dominant player, albeit a good goalie.

Those are the highlights.

so, i don't even know why, but when i read the retirement article on mlive, i started to cry. not a sad cry, not a happy cry...just a few tears and when i'd finished reading, a slight salute.

i didn't even do that when stevie retired. i've only cried about this sport one time...when vladdie was in the accident.

still not sure what prompted it, or why i've felt the need to post about it after a long self imposed exile from lgw. all i know is, the man deserved our respect and never got it, he deserved every win (and a few of the losses!), and he now deserves a proper sendoff.

thank you, ozzie, for everything. you may not be on the ice, but both my wife and myself will wear your jersey with pride!!

Just watched them debate whether Osgood deserves to be in the HoF on TSN. The debate pissed me off of course, there was nothing but the tired defense of the good team issue.

Best quote I read elsewhere said, I find it odd that every single player in the HoF played for awful teams.

I digress.

What pissed me off the most is they argued whether Cujo or Ozzie belonged in the hall, and the Pro Cujo guy was like, he was a great goaltender on average teams... he didn't get to play in Detroit with such a great team...

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Ummmmm... How the hell did you get on TV moron. He did play in Detroit, for a team with tons of HoF players. He got bounced early. Why do you ignore this?