• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#201 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

woke up to this sad news... i dont have any words to express my gratitude towards you sir Chris Osgood. your just the best of the best. on and off the ice. grew up watching you since i was 10. might not show on my face right now but my hearts crying ... it'll be Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie for life! thanks for everything 3 cups especially 2008 in my mind. we will misss his calmness and sense of humor alot as fans

#202 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

Wow the amount of cynicism in the Wings fan base is amazing. At the beginning of this thread, almost everybody was bashing him for coming back. Now that he's retiring its all, "Amazing career! Thanks for everything!" No wonder goalies have it rough here. Jeez.

Well, I have always liked Ozzie and was upset when he was let go. Glad to see he went out as one of the top 10 goalies of all time! HHOF is where he belongs and to be honest... I think the #30 belongs up next to #19. He has been a corner stone in 3 of 4 cups, and almost got us another in '09. As a Wing he has outdone almost every goaltender that has came and gone. I can't wait to see what he does next and will miss him dearly.

Congrats on an outstanding career Ozzie. :siren: :siren: :siren: :clap: :clap: :clap:

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#203 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Ozzie:

wowzers!

I'm putting that quote in my signature, even though it didn't show up here :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2nHWAKouas

"You don't see that too often."

On of my favorite Osgood moments in his career. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#204 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:20 PM

personal attacks for expressing my opinion on the osgood retirement?

i didn't even say anything bad about him.

Your post was the equivalent of saying "Good riddance, go f*** yourself." If you think that's acceptable, that's your problem. The rest of us shouldn't have to deal with it.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#205 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

Thanks for the memories Ozzie. Sure gonna miss that plain Cooper Red Helmet on the ice.

Edited by R-Dizzle, 19 July 2011 - 02:23 PM.

Posted Image

#206 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

Your post was the equivalent of saying "Good riddance, go f*** yourself." If you think that's acceptable, that's your problem. The rest of us shouldn't have to deal with it.

Even worse is this is the only sentiments this guy ever has, negative troll-esk stuff.

Kudos to your statement. The rest of us shouldn't have to deal with it? Is there a banhammer to be had?

Even his name is offensive. Extremely offensive. This is no coincidence.

Edited by Majsheppard, 19 July 2011 - 02:48 PM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#207 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

personal attacks for expressing my opinion on the osgood retirement?

i didn't even say anything bad about him.

Got Mindfly :ph34r:
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#208 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

Gee thanks Yzerman...way to announce the Stamkos signing just hours after the Osgood retirement ha
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#209 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

I think the #30 belongs up next to #19. He has been a corner stone in 3 of 4 cups, and almost got us another in '09. As a Wing he has outdone almost every goaltender that has came and gone.

I think #30 should be in the rafters too. I don't know what else he needs to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ebD-maGo4
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#210 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for everything Ozzie! Hope to see you around in the organization!

#211 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,753 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

Oh man. :(

Thank you so much for everything, Ozzie. You had one hell of a career.
I hope I see you up in the rafters next to Stevie soon. <3

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#212 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

Damn, I'll miss having Ozzie in the net. This is a guy who was so loyal to the Wings he was willing to turn down offers to be a starter for other teams to come back to Detroit for no guarantees other than to be a backup at best. If that kind of loyalty isn't rewarded with some kind of big Chris Osgood Night, it'll be a travesty, but I'm not worried, the organization will definitely do what's right by him. Can't wait for his HOF induction in a few years.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#213 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

The rest of us shouldn't have to deal with it? Is there a banhammer to be had?

nothing i posted is ban-worthy. calling me a dickhead might be, though.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#214 Tman77

Tman77

Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

Thanks Ozzie for all your heart and soul you gave the team and the fans and for giving us many great memories. Enjoy retirement and hope to see ya in the HHOF!

Edited by Tman77, 19 July 2011 - 03:57 PM.

#215 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

Thanks Ozzie. You're the f***in' man (I've been trying, but I really need the profanity here :ph34r:).

The fact that all the guys that have been on the team since I started really following hockey are retiring is really making me feel old.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#216 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

I did not see that coming. Posted Image
mccarty3

#217 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for all the memories, to the best of luck in whatever comes next in your chapter of life :clap:
IPB Image

#218 MacAttack25

MacAttack25

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

It's hard watching so many players from those 90s teams that made me fall in love with hockey go. Thanks for the memories, Ozzie.

#219 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

nothing i posted is ban-worthy. calling me a dickhead might be, though.

Well, I am glad I never did that... on the boards anyways.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#220 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

It's hard watching so many players from those 90s teams that made me fall in love with hockey go. Thanks for the memories, Ozzie.

That's how I feel about it. Watching tribute videos today was like watching childhood memories. A lot of my favorite memories growing up were being with my family and going nuts over the Wings. When these players retire, it's as much about those times as anything.

Thanks for a lot of great memories.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y