• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#61 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

I am jacked about Ozzie coming back but do we know if he is even healthy?!?!
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#62 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

I am jacked about Ozzie coming back but do we know if he is even healthy?!?!

Why should we know that?

Detnews article

Rollie Thompson , Osgood's agent, was in the dark, too.

"I came back from my cottage, turned on the computer, and saw there was a news conference for (today)," Thompson said. "It's all news to me."

Thompson said he texted Osgood Monday evening and was told Osgood was "meeting with Kenny."

Thompson said he has spoken to Holland in recent weeks, but has yet to discuss any sort of contract issues regarding Osgood.

I find it weird if Osgood is going to announce that he's coming back, but his agent hasn't discussed about any contracts yet.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#63 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

He was great in the playoffs. He couldn't stop a beachball in the regular season.

Yeah, and went 26-9.

What a sieve.

Posted Image

#64 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

Now, everyone is reporting he is going to retire now... WTF is going on...

A source confirmed to The Macomb Daily late Monday that todayís noon conference call, which will include Osgood and Wings general manager Ken Holland, will be to announce the netminderís retirement.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#65 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

Now, everyone is reporting he is going to retire now... WTF is going on...

The F going on is just normal anxious speculation during off-season when there isn't many hockey news stories around.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#66 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

Yeah, Khan at M-live just reported 15 minutes ago that Osgood is apparently set to retire.

:(

MLive

#67 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

I have a feeling this thread is going to go... Pro-Osgood gloating, followed by stunned, followed by anti-Osgood gloating.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#68 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

Wow so... Wait what's Ozzie gonna do now? Is it a press conference or a conference call or what?

#69 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:46 PM

The F going on is just normal anxious speculation during off-season when there isn't many hockey news stories around.

I don't know... I really don't. It makes no sense for a conference call to be the way he retires. Almost a slap in the face.

Yeah, Khan at M-live just reported 15 minutes ago that Osgood is apparently set to retire.

:(

MLive

I just know I am PISSED. All of this anxiety about it, followed by a bit of happiness that a really great guy gets a chance at redemption and to silence his critics, only for more uncertainty and a possible let down?

I just feel upset about it. Worse then feeling down about something is getting fooled about what is going to happen... and getting let down.

Wow so... Wait what's Ozzie gonna do now? Is it a press conference or a conference call or what?

Still a conference call.

Edited by Majsheppard, 18 July 2011 - 11:45 PM.

#70 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:50 PM

He was great in the playoffs. He couldn't stop a beachball in the regular season.

Isn't that all that matters?

#71 DatsyukianDangles122

DatsyukianDangles122

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

If he can sign Osgood at the league minimum, then I really think that there's a trade in the works. Conklin, Nabokov, etc would all take more money, and Holland knows it. I'm thinking Holland wants to package Hudler for a top 6 forward, because all this cap space is fishy.

#72 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:01 AM

Hats off to a tremendous career, my favorite goalie in the NHL. 400 wins speaks for itself, gonna miss Ozzie if it is indeed true, but it was time. His heart wanted to play but the body just couldn't anymore. Probably gonna be an emotional week if Drapes retires too :(

#NOMOREKINDL

#73 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:04 AM

WHAT? RETIREMENT? Where did this suddenly come from?:(
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#74 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:17 AM

Yeah, and went 26-9.

What a sieve.

Are you sure you're remembering properly? Osgood's sv% was .890; he was indeed a sieve. He won so many games because the Wings could outscore almost any team on a nightly basis. The #2 offensive team in the west scored 31 less goals, and the #2 offensive team overall scored 21 less.

Edited by Crymson, 19 July 2011 - 12:17 AM.

#75 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:24 AM

Or is this right?

#76 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

Are you sure you're remembering properly? Osgood's sv% was .890; he was indeed a sieve. He won so many games because the Wings could outscore almost any team on a nightly basis. The #2 offensive team in the west scored 31 less goals, and the #2 offensive team overall scored 21 less.

All I'm saying is he got the wins and the team wasn't any worse for his "poor play" which was primarily mid season.

Posted Image

#77 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

Free Press v Macomb Daily... I am hoping the one that should be more reliable based on size is the right one.

#78 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:32 AM

Free Press v Macomb Daily... I am hoping the one that should be more reliable based on size is the right one.

I'm gonna go with MLive and Macomb Daily. They actually have quotes from his agent which seem to indicate that he's retiring.

#79 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:36 AM

I'm gonna go with MLive and Macomb Daily. They actually have quotes from his agent which seem to indicate that he's retiring.

Conference call seems to indicate that there is no retirement. Also not having a contract doesn't equal not playing. A relationship like that could indicate a gentleman's agreement they will have a contract in place soon. At this point in my career, I would even consider not using the agent to save some money. What negotiating has to be done for a bare bones contract with a father like figure?

#80 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

He's not good anymore and busted up, this makes no sense at all. No thanks.

Edited by Pucks, 19 July 2011 - 12:38 AM.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.