• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#141 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

I'm bummed... In addition to being a good goalie, his sense of humor sill be sorely missed.

He'll still be in the locker room with the team in his new role and I would guess very visible around the rink...

Anyone want to set the over under on how much weight he gains once the retirement becomes official? Ozzie strikes me as the kinda guy that is going to kinda enjoy the retired life and without hockey, fitness not being a top priority... not that that's a bad thing, the guy's earned it and I don't think he'll Keith Tckachuk it and gain 100lbs, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ozzie put on 20lbs...

Edited by stevkrause, 19 July 2011 - 10:33 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#142 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

As much as anyone ever was, Chris Osgood is The Consummate Red Wing. Anyone that can remember all the time he put in with this organization, through the highs and lows, especially winning Cups, and especially after being dumped and coming back undeterred and winning another, knows what this guy means to the Winged Wheel. Farewell and bon voyage, old buddy.

And how many guys win Cups ten years apart with the same team? I know that the HoF committee is probably going to be on the side of the haters, but I doubt Ozzie cares. He knows what's he's done and WE know what he's done.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#143 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

I know it's not a presser, but is this gonna be streamed anywhere, or do we just wait to hear what happens?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#144 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

He'll still be in the locker room with the team in his new role and I would guess very visible around the rink...

Anyone want to set the over under on how much weight he gains once the retirement becomes official? Ozzie strikes me as the kinda guy that is going to kinda enjoy the retired life and without hockey, fitness not being a top priority... not that that's a bad thing, the guy's earned it and I don't think he'll Keith Tckachuk it and gain 100lbs, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ozzie put on 20lbs...

I have a feeling he'll keep in shape, especially if he's still going to be working for the Wings and with the goalies. Plus his wife is co-owner of a yoga studio and he said that she got him into that and it really helped him with his conditioning.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#145 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

i am seriously so depresed. i knew it was inevitable and he was bound to retire some day but i guess i thought and hoped he'd sign on for one more year. it's hard knowing that i'll never see my favorite player and the guy ive been a fan of since i was a little kid never play again. :(

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 19 July 2011 - 11:01 AM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#146 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

is there a link to listen to the call between Kenny and Ozzy?

#147 DatZetterfanfromSC

DatZetterfanfromSC

Prospect

• 30 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

He Retired....Damn

#148 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

It's Official... Ozzie has retired :(

"It's the hardest thing I've ever done. I thought it would've been easier."

Thank you Mr. Osgood for all the great and memorable years!

#149 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

:(

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#150 WingsDC2B

WingsDC2B

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

link???

#151 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Seriously where is a link to this?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#152 IrishWing19

IrishWing19

Token Irishman

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Thanks for all the years Ozzie, enjoy a well-earned retirement.

#153 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

No :( idc what anyone says he is a Detroit legend. Two Cups, 400 wins and beating up Patrick Roy.

#154 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

Well, you know Ozzie...never one to be flashy or obvious.

So how long after the word comes down do you think it will take for Ken Holland to have Ty Conklin under contract? I give it two hours at the most.

I really doubt the Wings announce the Conklin (or whoever) signing for at least a day or two (maybe more). I don't think they would want to take attention away from the retirement of essentially the Wings' most consistently prominent goaltender of the last 15 years.

Maybe once Osgood's retirement was settled up they signed Conklin. He could already have a deal. Whether Conklin is yet to sign or whatever I can't see an announcement made until at least tomorrow or Thursday - maybe even mroe likely Friday.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#155 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

I just got a text update from the Wings, it says on their FB wall too.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#156 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

Just received the text from the Wings as well.

Sad day.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#157 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

I am so pissed at the writer of Puck Daddy right now choosing to attack Osgood at this time and say he needed to go and that there is no question he is not a HoF goalie, and there is no question he doesn't belong. I mean, you can save your opinion for a bit until after he is done retiring dick.

Go f*** yourself. I know I am not reading his s*** again.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#158 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

I am so pissed at the writer of Puck Daddy right now choosing to attack Osgood at this time and say he needed to go and that there is no question he is not a HoF goalie, and there is no question he doesn't belong. I mean, you can save your opinion for a bit until after he is done retiring dick.

Posted Image

#159 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:27 AM

Osgood will be missed it was time for him to hang up his skates i guess, but he was one of those hart and sole type guys just like Draper has been. I think he is a HOF guys because of his numbers and we will miss him greatly! Great to see he will still be part of the team will be a great help with younger goalies. THANKS OZZY!!!
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#160 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

Relax,it only proves how the other fans are jelaous and frustrated about the Wings organization ;)