• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Thank You Chris Osgood!

Rate this topic

I just wish the media would cut him a break and honor him like he deserves.

He deserves a lot more than some hockey fans and writers would give him.

Puck Daddy decided to take this opportunity to slight him and call him overrated and unworthy of HoF talk. The moment he is retiring is when he chooses to write about this.

Osgood gave me many of the best moments of my life. He always acted classy, he remains the only Red Wing that signed my stuff without hassle or cost. He played his best when they needed it most, and I cannot say a single thing bad about him legitimately after his being around for 16 years.

Thank you, I hope you get what you deserve in terms of Honor.

Even though the 2011-12 Wings may be better off with a healthy back up goalie I have to admit this is upsetting. Some times you take for granted these players and what they accomplish. He was a massive part of the success the Wings organization achieved over the last 20 odd years and he deserves far more credit than he'll probably ever get.

Thankyou Ozzie

For kicking Roy's ass

For making it look so easy in 2008

For putting a worn-out, broken-down, beaten-up team on your back and taking them *this* close to another cup in 2009.

Such a shame that the last 2 years ended up the way they did but after 400 wins and 3 cups I don't think you can complain.

I also want to say how much we will need to thank him in the future, as a new amateur goaltender development director/scout he will have a profound effect on the development of our future between the pipes.

We HAVE to be excited about that. Osgood, more than anyone, knows how to be mature and cool under the highest scrutiny, and knows how to tweak your game even to the point of reinvention. He will be excellent in said position.

Even though the 2011-12 Wings may be better off with a healthy back up goalie I have to admit this is upsetting. Some times you take for granted these players and what they accomplish. He was a massive part of the success the Wings organization achieved over the last 20 odd years and he deserves far more credit than he'll probably ever get.

:siren:

I wrote these words in another thread but they are just right for some reason

Look to the stars

Soak up the sun

Walk with angels

Thanks Chris...whatever happens, remember, prophets and artists are never appreciated in their own time.

Thanks for scoring a goal, Thanks for every single one of those 401 wins, thanks for hoisting 2 stanley cups and backing vernon for another, thanks for fighting Roy, thanks for holding strong and nearly getting a 4th cup and probably a Conn Smythe. Great Career, you always made watching games as a little kid that much more exciting.

Thanks Ozzie! Excellent career, I'm proud to call you one of my all-time favorite Red Wings. You're right up there with Yzerman, McCarty, and Holmstrom.

We've seen some great players retire over the last few years, but I think this is the biggest one since Yzerman. It's an end of an era for us Red Wings fans.

"We went home, he said 'I want you to be a goalie.' It ended up that it's turned out alright." No Ozzie, it turned out more than alright. It turned out great. Thanks for being so clutch, so sweet, and so funny.

I'm really going to miss all those "Ozz-ie! Ozz-ie!" chants as well as "The Great Oz has spoken" and all the other things they did. He was a huge part of this team and I'm really gonna miss him... :( :( :(

I just wish the media would cut him a break and honor him like he deserves.

He deserves a lot more than some hockey fans and writers would give him.

Puck Daddy decided to take this opportunity to slight him and call him overrated and unworthy of HoF talk. The moment he is retiring is when he chooses to write about this.

Osgood gave me many of the best moments of my life. He always acted classy, he remains the only Red Wing that signed my stuff without hassle or cost. He played his best when they needed it most, and I cannot say a single thing bad about him legitimately after his being around for 16 years.

Thank you, I hope you get what you deserve in terms of Honor.

It's to bad those morons can't realize the 3rd best big game goalie of the last 25 years is calling it a career.

1) Roy

2) Brodeur

3) Osgood

I think the ending of an era will really kick in when two others retire...Nick and Homer. I'm not looking forward to that, I can tell you.

I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can think he won't hit the Hall. I mean, come on, three Cups, a Jennings, 400 wins, one of the few goalies to ever score himself, and if I remember right, a better save percentage than Brodeur, and he won't be in the Hall??? I don't know what that idiot Puck Daddy is smoking, but keep it the hell away from me.

Edited by Kira

Great career coming to an end. I feel that the HOF argument will be a major one, but I think his numbers - especially in the playoffs - speak for themselves.

Thanks for all the years, Ozzie.

Here's hoping we hear an Oz-zie chant opening night.

I think the ending of an era will really kick in when two others retire...Nick and Homer. I'm not looking forward to that, I can tell you.

Have I missed Draper's retirement?? :blink: