• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Oh Garth Snow, you're silly

Rate this topic

Given his general lack of effort over the years, I guess he would still have plently left in the tank to glide around the ice for 82 games a season even at his age.

by my calculations, he's been conserving his energy for over 10 seasons, so he should be ready to tear it up! :ph34r:

Honestly, this would make Brett Lebda's contract look decent...

wow...Nabokov,Yashin...is Fedorov available? :ph34r:

Are you seriously comparing Nabokov and Yashin to Fedorov? :huh:

The Islanders are apparently trying to bring Alexi "I'll play when I want, for the right price" Yashin

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyi110718.html

First, its not known what team extended him the offer (or if any team even extended him one). Second, it was rumored it was the Islanders, but I know Garth Snow wouldn't go after this bag of crap. This would be a Charles Wang like decision if it were even true. Lastly, the reputation of rumors spread by thefourthperiod.com is almost equivalent to what I read on hockeybuzz.com.

Edited by Nightfall

Saw this, couldn't believe it.

I really think there couldn't be a worse move then bringing him back.

If there was, the Islanders would probably do it.

Talk about throwing good money after bad. Can't they find a better way to get to the cap floor?

"Hey Alexei, I know it didn't work out last time, and we're still paying you $2.2 million a year for the next 4 years not to play for us, but how about we give it another go? Pleeeeeease?"

Has ANYONE ever done that before? Bought a player out and then re-signed them while they were still paying for the buyout? This would have to be the first time it has ever happened. Garth Snow is a truely ground breaking GM. :ph34r:

Has ANYONE ever done that before? Bought a player out and then re-signed them while they were still paying for the buyout? This would have to be the first time it has ever happened. Garth Snow is a truely ground breaking GM. :ph34r:

i think alfredsson for sens. check it on cg

Funniest thing... The Isles are still paying Yashin $2.2 million with his previous buyout. ...for the next four years.

I guess they want to make his cap hit count for something...

oh! and probably pay him a little more per year as well.

:blink:

I know this isn't all Garth Snow's doing... but seriously... What? Is? He? Thinking?

Guest CaliWingsNut

Snow isn't crazy! He's a trend setter!

See?!?! he's developed a new cap workaround, and none is catching it!

Sign a player, buy them out and spread your cap hit out, then re-sign them for even more!

:blink::hehe:

Guest echos myron

And they wouldn't take Hudler?

Hudler will never be nearly as good as Yashin was.