sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

hmm...

Posted Image

http://jets.nhl.com/

well now i see this was already unveiled in the atlanta/winnipeg thread.

whoops.
Posted Image

#2 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

Posted Image

#3 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

It's not amazing but it's not bad either. It's just okay.

#5 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

Their old logo was much better. Not impressed at all with the new one.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#6 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

Their old logo was much better. Not impressed at all with the new one.

Disagree. Their old logo sucked.

This one's OK, would be better if there was something in the blue circle. I love the script though.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#7 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

WTF? :blink:

I was under the impression they were going to use the old logo. This logo sucks compared to that.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#8 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

Disagree. Their old logo sucked.

This one's OK, would be better if there was something in the blue circle. I love the script though.

did u like the sabres old serpant logo, the coyotes jerseys, the thrashers old jerseys, and the stars ovary jerseys as well?

#9 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

did u like the sabres old serpant logo, the coyotes jerseys, the thrashers old jerseys, and the stars ovary jerseys as well?

Because my opinion's different than yours?

A hockey stick that forms a J with a clip-art airplane...how original.

Edited by Trapt1307, 22 July 2011 - 07:19 PM.

"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#10 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

I'm disappointed, I like the old one so much more. I bet a lot of people will continue to buy the old style merchandise.

On the other hand, I do think this logo would look good for a commercial airline.

#11 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:44 PM

I like their new logo.

#12 TheCaptain19

TheCaptain19

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:52 PM

the problem with this logo is it is just way too "vectory" looking for me. even though it is simple there are so many tiny lines and strokes that it doesn't make for a very good logo, imo.

#13 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

the problem with this logo is it is just way too "vectory" looking for me. even though it is simple there are so many tiny lines and strokes that it doesn't make for a very good logo, imo.

I think it's really cool. Totally unlike any other logo in the league. I'm surprised so many people seem to hate it. They didn't do some crazy design where you can't even tell what it is. They didn't use obnoxious coloring, and they didn't make it cartoony. What more do people want? It's a logo that can be taken seriously and that's all you need.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

May as well have used this Jets logo.

Posted Image
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#15 clearlybetter11

clearlybetter11

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

Molson Canadian

#16 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

I do think this logo would look good for a commercial airline.

This is what I was thinking when I saw it, I thought for a few seconds it was a joke. I know the old one is a little dated/simple but please look at the habs, leafs, bruins & wings logos, simple yet fantastic!
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#17 _Kabrok_

_Kabrok_

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:12 PM

Why does everybody have such a boner for the original Sabres logo? It's awful. It'd be like if the winged wheel was a wheel set above a set of wings floating around in a blank void haphazardly slapped together in a circle.

Also, the Jets' new logo looks a bit CHL-ey, but it's by no means among the worst in the league. I think the wordmark of all things looks pretty sharp, actually.

Edited by _Kabrok_, 22 July 2011 - 10:13 PM.

#18 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

Like I said in the other thread. I like it. Vintage military-esk, honors the Royal Canadian Air Force, and looks like it is a 1950's style which plays into the whole Old Time hockey motif. I like it... I just want to see how it looks on their uniforms before I pass final judgement.

Maybe they will go with a silver instead of White as the base color.

It also looks like a target to shoot the puck at in hockey practice, the goaltenders SV% must go up now... :lol:

Edited by Majsheppard, 22 July 2011 - 10:52 PM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#19 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

I'm disappointed, I like the old one so much more. I bet a lot of people will continue to buy the old style merchandise.

On the other hand, I do think this logo would look good for a commercial airline.

I need to look into this... but I don't think they own the rights to the old merch or logo...

I am 95% sure that the rights to that belongs to Coyotes, which belongs to the NHL... I never heard of them making a deal to acquire the rights to the old name or logo... which perplexes me.

Wouldn't it be funny if all the money they make selling old Jets stuff, or a portion of new Jets money (because they are using the name...,) end up going to the yotes?

I would laugh... but does anyone know how this meshes up legally?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#20 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

Why does everybody have such a boner for the original Sabres logo? It's awful. It'd be like if the winged wheel was a wheel set above a set of wings floating around in a blank void haphazardly slapped together in a circle.

Also, the Jets' new logo looks a bit CHL-ey, but it's by no means among the worst in the league. I think the wordmark of all things looks pretty sharp, actually.

Totally agree about the Sabres logo. Boooorrrrrrrrinnnnnngggg. A good logo is a simple representation of a theme. Not pictures of the literal items comprising your team name. The best logo the Sabres ever had was actually the buffalo head they wore with black and red. No effort or professional work at all was ever involved in creating the original one.

The original Jets logo was only slightly better. Good job: the word Jets with a hockey stick for the J. The new one is sharp and I like the wordmark. Don't much care for the crossed hockey stick logo, but the one with the plane is good, and the whole thing, colors and all, is very Air Force-y. Which is a much better theme than what appears to be a passenger liner on the original one.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya