• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sputman

Winnipeg Jets' New Logo

Rate this topic

did u like the sabres old serpant logo, the coyotes jerseys, the thrashers old jerseys, and the stars ovary jerseys as well?

Because my opinion's different than yours?

A hockey stick that forms a J with a clip-art airplane...how original.

Edited by Trapt1307

the problem with this logo is it is just way too "vectory" looking for me. even though it is simple there are so many tiny lines and strokes that it doesn't make for a very good logo, imo.

I think it's really cool. Totally unlike any other logo in the league. I'm surprised so many people seem to hate it. They didn't do some crazy design where you can't even tell what it is. They didn't use obnoxious coloring, and they didn't make it cartoony. What more do people want? It's a logo that can be taken seriously and that's all you need.

I do think this logo would look good for a commercial airline.

This is what I was thinking when I saw it, I thought for a few seconds it was a joke. I know the old one is a little dated/simple but please look at the habs, leafs, bruins & wings logos, simple yet fantastic!

did u like the sabres old serpant logo, the coyotes jerseys, the thrashers old jerseys, and the stars ovary jerseys as well?

Why does everybody have such a boner for the original Sabres logo? It's awful. It'd be like if the winged wheel was a wheel set above a set of wings floating around in a blank void haphazardly slapped together in a circle.

Also, the Jets' new logo looks a bit CHL-ey, but it's by no means among the worst in the league. I think the wordmark of all things looks pretty sharp, actually.

Edited by _Kabrok_

Like I said in the other thread. I like it. Vintage military-esk, honors the Royal Canadian Air Force, and looks like it is a 1950's style which plays into the whole Old Time hockey motif. I like it... I just want to see how it looks on their uniforms before I pass final judgement.

Maybe they will go with a silver instead of White as the base color.

It also looks like a target to shoot the puck at in hockey practice, the goaltenders SV% must go up now... :lol:

Edited by Majsheppard

I'm disappointed, I like the old one so much more. I bet a lot of people will continue to buy the old style merchandise.

On the other hand, I do think this logo would look good for a commercial airline.

I need to look into this... but I don't think they own the rights to the old merch or logo...

I am 95% sure that the rights to that belongs to Coyotes, which belongs to the NHL... I never heard of them making a deal to acquire the rights to the old name or logo... which perplexes me.

Wouldn't it be funny if all the money they make selling old Jets stuff, or a portion of new Jets money (because they are using the name...,) end up going to the yotes?

I would laugh... but does anyone know how this meshes up legally?

Why does everybody have such a boner for the original Sabres logo? It's awful. It'd be like if the winged wheel was a wheel set above a set of wings floating around in a blank void haphazardly slapped together in a circle.

Also, the Jets' new logo looks a bit CHL-ey, but it's by no means among the worst in the league. I think the wordmark of all things looks pretty sharp, actually.

Totally agree about the Sabres logo. Boooorrrrrrrrinnnnnngggg. A good logo is a simple representation of a theme. Not pictures of the literal items comprising your team name. The best logo the Sabres ever had was actually the buffalo head they wore with black and red. No effort or professional work at all was ever involved in creating the original one.

The original Jets logo was only slightly better. Good job: the word Jets with a hockey stick for the J. The new one is sharp and I like the wordmark. Don't much care for the crossed hockey stick logo, but the one with the plane is good, and the whole thing, colors and all, is very Air Force-y. Which is a much better theme than what appears to be a passenger liner on the original one.

I was always wondering when a team would try to get in on the Military theme. Nothing makes you more popular in America than suggesting you care about the troops. Nothing.

Bettman should make sure then next team in America has a military theme, then it might not actually fail.

Disagree. Their old logo sucked.

This one's OK, would be better if there was something in the blue circle. I love the script though.

If "Winnipeg Jets" was in the blue circle I think id like this much more. Love the "jets" script though.