• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sputman

Winnipeg Jets' New Logo

Rate this topic

I like the primary logo, and this comes from a guy that uses Illustrator every single day in my profession. It's clean, it's simple. Looks good. Not overly fond of the "winged" secondary one and the logotype for the other will have to grow on me.

Ditto for Illustrator, but I really dislike it. The maple leaf and jet combined are too confusing, and when squinting it looks only like a maple leaf. Isn't there already a team with the maple leaf... yeah the Maple Leafs.

I just don't like it that much, I think it could be better; but that's what makes the world go 'round I guess.

Edit: I might dislike it less if they didn't steal my Thrashers away from me!

Edited by Chelios57

I don't hate it. It just doesn't really jump out at you at all.

EDIT: I'm with the rest of you. I think adding some script/text inside the blue circle would add to it a little more

Personally I like it, but then again I'm from Winnipeg and I'm in the Air Force....so I may be biased toward liking it. I have a couple buddies and even the wife that say it's too military and they don't like it. I then told them that the Jet is the National Defence aircraft of the Canadian Forces and our team is the Jets....how much more Air Force can a name be?? The owners stated that they were going to remake the symbol and jerseys when they agreed to leave the team as the Jets. I told the people who don't like the new logos, if you didn't want the prospect of a military like symbol, then you shouldn't have voted to keep the name "Jets" when you knew we wouldn't be the same Jets of old.

Though the circle symbol could use Winnipeg Jets or even just Jets in it to slightly spice it up and give it the identity of the Jets and not just a remake of the Air Force logo with a Jet in it. Aside from that, I like all 3 and will buy all 3 jerseys when I get a chance to and the money to do so.