• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

I was always wondering when a team would try to get in on the Military theme. Nothing makes you more popular in America than suggesting you care about the troops. Nothing.

Bettman should make sure then next team in America has a military theme, then it might not actually fail.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#22 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

Are circular blue logos becoming mandatory in the NHL these days? Seems like every team is introducing a logo like this.
Posted Image

#23 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:38 AM

I like it, but then again I am an airplane geek :ph34r:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#24 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Disagree. Their old logo sucked.

This one's OK, would be better if there was something in the blue circle. I love the script though.

If "Winnipeg Jets" was in the blue circle I think id like this much more. Love the "jets" script though.

#25 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

Why would they use the maple leaf? I get that they are a Canadian team and that they will never win a Cup, but why do they need to further associate themselves with Toronto.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#26 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

Don't care for them.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#27 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

Why would they use the maple leaf? I get that they are a Canadian team and that they will never win a Cup, but why do they need to further associate themselves with Toronto.

The use of the maple leaf calls back to old Royal Canadian Air Force flier patches. As seen in the ideation portion of the brand book that they posted on the website. You can see the theme repeated throughout the logos seen on the page. To me, it just reinforces how badly they missed the mark.

Posted Image

They tried to create a vector update of a classic looking badge and included only enough detail to put on display how much detail it truly lacks. It appears unfinished. I don't know why it doesn't say Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club around the crest, either. It honestly looks like it was put in the hands of someone that isn't strong with Illustrator.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#28 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

i guess i'll reserve judgement until i can see them in action on the ice.
Posted Image

#29 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

Wow, terrible. The old was way cool. This is not.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#30 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

I actually don't mind it- I think its a decent logo but in all honesty, it could look brilliant or terrible on a uniform. I want to see it on a jersey with all the patchwork before I decide. At first glance, i think it looks ok. Its certianly 100 percent better than the thrashers scary psycho bird they had!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#31 Swayze

Swayze

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

I really hope they get in the Northwest division, Samuelsson will have a nice target to aim for.

#32 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

Considering the instinctive reaction to a new Jets logo would be to hate it, they actually did quite well with this. Most comments from fans I've seen, especially of the Jets fans themselves, actually like it a lot.

I also give props to True North for being smart enough to use the Jets name but also bold enough to come up with something new to signify the new era.

The word logo leaves much to be desired but it will be the least commonly used. The shoulder patch (top right I'm assuming) is real solid and the crest is good. The colour scheme is rather unique with those dark reds and blues and it feels like it will look like an old school type of sweater once it's put on a jersey. Can't wait to see it in action.

You can take it to the bank that at some point in the future they'll introduce a 3rd jersey with the old logo though.

#33 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

I need to look into this... but I don't think they own the rights to the old merch or logo...

I am 95% sure that the rights to that belongs to Coyotes, which belongs to the NHL... I never heard of them making a deal to acquire the rights to the old name or logo... which perplexes me.

Wouldn't it be funny if all the money they make selling old Jets stuff, or a portion of new Jets money (because they are using the name...,) end up going to the yotes?

I would laugh... but does anyone know how this meshes up legally?

The rights belong to the NHL and commissioner, however Bettman has said it was Winnipeg's if they wanted it.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#34 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

I like it a lot. And, their merchandise is flying off the shelves.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#35 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:15 PM

I like the primary logo, and this comes from a guy that uses Illustrator every single day in my profession. It's clean, it's simple. Looks good. Not overly fond of the "winged" secondary one and the logotype for the other will have to grow on me.

#36 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

Posted Image

They tried to create a vector update of a classic looking badge and included only enough detail to put on display how much detail it truly lacks. It appears unfinished. I don't know why it doesn't say Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club around the crest, either. It honestly looks like it was put in the hands of someone that isn't strong with Illustrator.

Yeah, compared to the logo in the bottom right, the new Jets logo looks like a quick draft or sketch. I wonder if they even saw that old logo...its fantastic!

#37 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

Looks like crap. Should stick with the old one.

#38 echos myron

echos myron

swag

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

Glad they didn't go with the horrid old logo.

Oh wow, the J is a hockey stick. That isn't tacky.

#39 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

They look bad :thumbdown:

#40 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

They look better than Atlanta's old logo's.

Posted Image