• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Berry

Best sections at the Joe...

Rate this topic

I like section 106, but that's because I've become good friends over the years with usher Shelley Smith. He's a really sweet fellow. Of course, the veterans' suite is kickass, but they won't let us back up in there anymore without a group of 20. That sucks, because I can't think of 20 veterans around here who'd want to go to a Wings game - they're not really a fun bunch.

Being on a family budget and the fact I generally only go to playoff games because I live so far away....I like 218B or219.

Not the best because its upper, but by the of snowmobiling season and my sons expensive hockey season, I can't afford $200 a tic plus $80 in gas.

Ryan

Anywhere. Literally.

Yeah I'm one of those people who thinks the Joe doesn't really have any bad seats.

Pretty much it.

I also went to Reunion Arena a few times where the Stars used to play when I was in college in the Dallas Metroplex, and both arenas were pretty much just a simple basic bowl shape with two levels. Obviously lacking on the amentities side or look/feel vs. modern arenas or whatever, but at either Reunion or JLA there really was never a bad seat in the house. Little/no obstructions and you are on top of the action in pretty much any seat. Always enjoyed watching games in both arenas.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Being on a family budget and the fact I generally only go to playoff games because I live so far away....I like 218B or219.

Not the best because its upper, but by the of snowmobiling season and my sons expensive hockey season, I can't afford $200 a tic plus $80 in gas.

Ryan

Ok thanks. But which one is the best (not taking into account the price of the ticket)?

Ok thanks. But which one is the best (not taking into account the price of the ticket)?

Sorry, If money was no issues, the best to me would be 119 or 120 or if I wanted to see the bench 109 or 110.

Wings shoot twice from that end.

That may not be best to you but its best to me, You can never go wrong with center ice though.

Ryan

Last year My wife and I went and we sat in 108 on the blue line where the wings shoot twice about 14 rows up. It was amazing you could literally see everything, high enough to see in the corners but low enough that you're not too far away from the action. And I even got on tv :)

Edited by Wingnut in WA

I like section 106, but that's because I've become good friends over the years with usher Shelley Smith. He's a really sweet fellow. Of course, the veterans' suite is kickass, but they won't let us back up in there anymore without a group of 20. That sucks, because I can't think of 20 veterans around here who'd want to go to a Wings game - they're not really a fun bunch.

They have a veterans suite? I've never known about that... I'd love to join you in the suite if you ever wanted to rent it with a party, are girlfriends allowed apart of the 20? If so, me and my girl would love to this season.

They have a veterans suite? I've never known about that... I'd love to join you in the suite if you ever wanted to rent it with a party, are girlfriends allowed apart of the 20? If so, me and my girl would love to this season.

We were told last season that you have to have a group of 20 or more to rent the suite. They have free snacks (including pizza), free drinks, and it's a great view. We went up there the first year it was open (at that time we could), and I even came home with the stat pack from a couple games. It's neat!

Think we could find a group of 20 to do it? And yes, significant others would be included. I'd love to do it again. Mind you, it would have to be through a service organization (a la Disabled American Veterans, American Legion, etc.)

Edited by Kira

To me sections 214 and 215 (rows 7-9) are the best. They are directly behind the net that the Wings shoot twice. They are just high enough that you can see the boards right in front of you and you can easily see the other end of the ice. I was sitting there when Pavel did that between the legs goal on Phoenix and it was insane to see it live right in front of you. Section 115 is also good but seeing as it's a little more expensive and everyone in the section is standing constantly because you can't see right in front of the boards it can be a litte annoying.

As everyone has noted there really isn't a bad seat but to me 214 and 215 are the best.

You can't beat center ice. I'm usually priced out of the lower bowl so I make it a point to get as close to the 1st row of the upper bowl when I go. To those saying "any seat," c'mon now.. I've had some nose bleeds behind the score board that weren't exactly the best. When the crowd is thick and the action is good and everyone is standing, you have to stand and your view can be obstructed. It's a whole different experience being close, being able to see facial expressions and hear the chatter. There's a reason center ice are the most expensive tickets, it's because they're the best. You can get the best view of all of the action no matter who's shooting on what side.

I'd agree with those that said about 10 rows from the glass in center ice. Or row 1 is always nice too :)

I really like anywhere from 211-218 as low as you can go. My brother and I had 8th row in 216 for Game 4 against the Sharks, and we were right by the organist. We were close enough to the action, especially being on the end where they shoot twice, but high up enough where you aren't paying too much. I don't like to go higher than row 18 in the upper bowl. In the lower bowl, I've sat in 123 row 3 right next to the Wing's bench which was awesome, except I've never been handed a stick like some people. :) I like being that close because you feel the action and you see the changes, but your view is partially blocked by the glass for seeing down at the other end.

There is no bad seat in the house except the porcelain one. It's just a matter of preference for everyone.