• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Would We Have Won In 2002 If ...

Rate this topic

Doubtful. Hasek was incredible.

Osgood refined his style in time for the '07-'08 season.

Actually Ozzie worked with a goalie coach in Novi all through the lockout. He credited him and Jim Bedard in an article. The goalie coach was a client of mine, I don't recall his name at the moment.

Guest Crymson

Actually Ozzie worked with a goalie coach in Novi all through the lockout. He credited him and Jim Bedard in an article. The goalie coach was a client of mine, I don't recall his name at the moment.

Ozzie talked about how he refined his style before the '07-'08 season. It was the reason why he moved from oft-mediocrity in the prior two seasons to an all-star berth in 2008.

2008 Ozzie? Yes.

But Hasek was in incredible in that Colorado series, especially on the road in games 3 + 6. They weren't stand-on-your-head 48 save performances, but they were mistake-free in ultra-high pressure games against top, top quality opponents.

Especially the prior season against LA.

People have short memories around here.

The Wings lost the series against LA because of failure to score on the power play in crucial situations. Osgood was blamed for the series loss because of the team's three-goal collapse the final six minutes of game four; in those six minutes, two goals were scored after Osgood made multiple point-blank saves, and another deflected to the net but not over the line, and was counted anyway. Following a scramble in front of the net about a minute into overtime, the uncovered Bryan Smolinski was able to wrist a shot past Osgood.

The Wings didn't score three goals in either of the following games, basically resulting in an "Ozzie wins the game for us if he's playing great. If he's not, we're out." This was the same Wings team that started the series with nine goals in two games.

The Wings lost the series against LA because of failure to score on the power play in crucial situations. Osgood was blamed for the series loss because of the team's three-goal collapse the final six minutes of game four; in those six minutes, two goals were scored after Osgood made multiple point-blank saves, and another deflected to the net but not over the line, and was counted anyway. Following a scramble in front of the net about a minute into overtime, the uncovered Bryan Smolinski was able to wrist a shot past Osgood.

The Wings didn't score three goals in either of the following games, basically resulting in an "Ozzie wins the game for us if he's playing great. If he's not, we're out." This was the same Wings team that started the series with nine goals in two games.

Did I say it was "all" his fault?