• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Your Favorite Red Wing Player

Rate this topic

Just a topic to occupy us for a while in the off season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo?

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...)

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings?

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team?

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team?

* If you guys have any other questions to post feel free to join in!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) My favorite Red Wings has to be Yzerman, no doubt!

2) Hasek has to be my one of my favorite players that joined the team.

3) The player I would love to see join the Red Wings would be Carey Price.

4) Has to be Federov & Hossa (Hossa cause I always wanted him as a Red Wing), Federov's move was really unclassy IMO. Leaving us to join the Ducks after the sweep.

5) Can't think of one but just to answer, it's probably Hudler with the cap he has.

Edited by KrazyGangsta

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? No question about it, Steve Yzerman

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Brenden Shanahan

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Tim Thomas

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Sergei Fedorov

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Todd Bertuzzi (not anymore tho, I've grown to love Big Bert)

1) Favorite player: P. Datsyk

2) Favorite that joined: Todd Bertuzzi and Danny Boy

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Any big tough defenseman except Chara

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left? M. Schneider to some extent

5) Never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? No such players

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Yzerman overall, but I have to mention Zetterberg as my current favorite and right behind Stevie.

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Dan Cleary

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Drew Doughty

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team?

Shanny. It seemed like the ship was sinking and he just ran off to New York. I've always kinda felt that way about it.

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Chelios for sure, but learned to love the guy.

1) Yzerman, no doubt.

2) Shanahan. I was kind of bummed that Coffey had to be part of the deal, but it turned out well.

3) Shea Weber.

4) Martin LaPointe. Larionov leaving also disappointed me.

5) Todd Gill/Larry Murphy/Bob Rouse. Rouse and Murphy worked out well. Still, the concept of getting ancient ex-Leafs defencemen never appealed to me. Also, I didn't think Hasek the second time around would ever work out but in a way, I suppose it did.

Edited by mjlegend

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Yzerman (All time) Datsyuk (Current)

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Shanahan, Hasek

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Doughty and Weber

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Hossa

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Hatcher

1. Nick (This last Norris season finally nudged him ahead of Stevie)

2. Hasek (Narrowly over Shanny and Hull)

3. Weber/Parise (Selanne for the longest time, but he's too old now)

4. McCarty (He was just such a 'Red Wing', still bugs me that he left)

5. Wendel Clark (Always hated him, at least he wasn't here long)

1. Nick (This last Norris season finally nudged him ahead of Stevie)

2. Hasek (Narrowly over Shanny and Hull)

3. Weber/Parise (Selanne for the longest time, but he's too old now)

4. McCarty (He was just such a 'Red Wing', still bugs me that he left)

5. Wendel Clark (Always hated him, at least he wasn't here long)

McCarty left because the wings bought out his contract after the lockout.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Brendan Shanahan

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Brendan Shanahan, or Marian Hossa

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Shea Weber or Ryan Kesler

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Sergei Federov

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Chris Chelios

1) Is, was, and always will be Pavel.

2) Dominik Hasek

3) Milan Lucic

4) Fedorov, Hossa, Kopecky. Not that I miss any of them by any means, but the way they left was pretty tacky.

5) Derian Hatcher. As useful as a screen door on a submarine.

Guest Shoreline

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Steve Yzerman -- it's going to be nigh impossible to supplant him as my favourite RW of all time

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Kris Draper/Kirk Maltby

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Milan Lucic, Vincent Lecavalier, Tobias Enstrom

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Sergei Fedorov -- the only departing Wing that annoyed me with his and his agent's antics upon doing so

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Todd Bertuzzi, but I came around

5) Derian Hatcher. As useful as a screen door on a submarine.

To me this is a bit of monday morning quarterbacking. Just about nobody was opposed to him being on the team. Afterwards, yeah, things changed around when he got hurt and didn't ever play with the Wings to what standard everyone knew he played like with Dallas.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Nick Lidstrom/Steve Yzerman - Cant really pick between the 2

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? Brett Hull He was huge in helping Dats and Zett

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Stamkos

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Hossa only because he went to Chicago. ( A Rival)

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Uwe Krupp - just the fact he wore the uniform pissed me off!!!

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Lidstrom

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Cleary

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Ovechkin

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Hossa, Schneider

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Bertuzzi- although I have actually come to like him.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

Just a topic to occupy us for a while in the off season.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo?

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...)

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings?

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team?

* If you guys have any other questions to post feel free to join in!

1. Tomas Holmstrom

2. Chris Chelios

3. No idea

4. Sergei Fedorov. Regardless of whether you think he was at fault or the victim in leaving in 2004, he played a part in leaving (just like mgmt.) and it wasn't a good departure.

5. No idea

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Nick Lidstrom Toss up with Stevie Y. Too easy. ;)

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be through Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Dominik Hasek, who else? :P

3) Which current player would you dream about joining the Wings? Probably Ovechkin. Can you imagine him and Datsyuk on the same team?

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Feds :( Shanny was a close second; I felt like he decided the Wings were not the same without Stevie and he bailed on us.

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Hatcher I am sorry he ever signed in Detroit, to this day. <_<

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Yzerman

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Shanahan

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Ovechkin

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? I was really unhappy the way the Fedorov thing happened. He was basically playing for his legacy and place in Wings lore when he left. Could have had his number retired.

Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Macoun for his hit on LaFontaine in 1991

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Yzerman for sure

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Shanahan

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Shea Weber

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Nothing really comes to mind, maybe Federov

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Todd Bertuzzi

Man, Derian Hatcher was the worst signing ever. I've had used flea collars that were more effective than he was. What a mistake that turned out to be.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Steve Yzerman, no doubt about it.

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? Shanny was huge, but Cleary is my favorite current wing.

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Shea Weber/Shane Doan

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Lapointe. Never was the same player after.

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Marian Hossa.