• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Your Favorite Red Wing Player

Rate this topic

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Yzerman

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Hasek

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Stamkos

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Fedorov

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? J. Williams 2.0

1) Yzerman all-time, but current is Holmstrom

2) Gotta go with Shanny, then Chelios

3) Getzlaf

4) Fedorov and it's under the "bugged" category. Fedorov made a comment about being excited to join the Ducks because they went to the Stanley Cup final the season before. I've always felt like that was a kick to the crotch!

5) I never understood why Holland signed Ray Whitney.

Man, Derian Hatcher was the worst signing ever. I've had used flea collars that were more effective than he was. What a mistake that turned out to be.

With Hatcher I've always wondered what might have been.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Steve Yzerman -- it's going to be nigh impossible to supplant him as my favourite RW of all time

Same here. Also with me, it's all-time favorite athlete as well. I think it's safe to say I'll go to the grave as Yzerman being my all-time favorite. No one will pass "The Captain".

Same here. Also with me, it's all-time favorite athlete as well. I think it's safe to say I'll go to the grave as Yzerman being my all-time favorite. No one will pass "The Captain".

Could not agree more. Steve is by far my favorite athlete of all time and has been my idol since i was 4 years old(1988).

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo?

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...)

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings?

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team?

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team?

1)McCarty

2)Luc Riobitaille

3)Ovechkin

4)Shannahan

5)i dont mind anyone thats really been on the team, now if kenny signs crosby somehow then my answer will change

1- Yzerman- When it's all said and done, it will be Datsyuk if he finishes his career with the Wings. He's the most exciting player I've watched and I've followed him since he was a rookie.

2- Hasek- easily one of the best goalies in the league at the time and he was hungry for a Cup.

3- Ryan Miller- Kind of the same as above.

4- Federov- Aside from the drama, the dude was such a huge part of their dynasty and obviously one of the best players of that generation.

5- Curtis Joseph- I've just never been a huge fan of the guy.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Steve Yzerman (and Pavel Datsyuk currently)

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Brendan Shanahan

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Shea Weber, Tim Thomas (Weber would be the more logical choice, but I love me some Timmeh)

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Fedorov was tackier, but I miss Shanny the most

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Bert! And now look at him, he's in my avatar!

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Yzerman (all time), Datsyuk (current)

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Hasek

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Between Doughty and Stamkos. Wings need both for 2012-13 season (top Dman +sniper)

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Hossa. crybaby.gif

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? None.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Yzerman (seems to be a theme emerging) or Hasek (as I love goalies)

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...)Even though I said Hasek before, has to be Danny Cleary

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings?Shea Weber. Strangely enough a few years ago it would have been Mike Modano :blink: Thinking about it properly, I'd have to throw Iginla in there as well, such a classy guy, big strong body, a leader, and a goalscorer. Could do really well on this team

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Bugged: Hossa because he just Cup-jumped, bit unclassy but man wanted a cup. Hurt (through fault of management not player): I know he wanted to stay, but after that it'd be Aaron Downey as he had a great season with the Wings, then wasn't given another chance. Plus as far as I know he didn't join another team?

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Hmm not sure as I'm always welcome for players to join the Wings, but after his first stint, it might be fair to say bringing back Bert left me confused. That being said, boy done good :) Also thinking back on it, why the hell was Sean Avery ever in Detroit?!

To me this is a bit of monday morning quarterbacking. Just about nobody was opposed to him being on the team. Afterwards, yeah, things changed around when he got hurt and didn't ever play with the Wings to what standard everyone knew he played like with Dallas.

agreed. Hatcher was coming off a recent Norris Trophy nomination when the Wings stole him. The New NHL killed his career.

Also thinking back on it, why the hell was Sean Avery ever in Detroit?![/b]

He was more of a Maltby type in Detroit than an out-and-out ******. The only thing that I remember about his time in Detroit was that it seemed like he got himself roughed up a lot.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo?

No doubt about it - Steve Yzerman

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the Red Wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be through Trade / FA / Waiver etc...)

Brendan Shanahan

Shea Weber

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team?

Sergei Fedorov, hands down, gave the organization that essentially saved his life AND his family, a GIANT slap in the face due to his extreme ego... he's dead to me since.

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team?

I HATED Chris Chelios and though "You have got to be f'ing kidding me?!?!" when it went down, but I grew to love Chelios and am incredibly happy he came here and think of him as a Wing for life now!

The thing I think with Sean Avery was, when he was here, he really didn't get into all the scrapes and stupid stuff. The reason is that I honestly believe guys like Shanny and Stevie went to him and said, "Look, son, we don't do things like that. This is the Red Wings, and we have a code of conduct." Once he got away from that calming influence, all hell broke loose. I think had he stayed, you might have seen a different player than what you see now.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? It's basically impossible for me to choose between Lidstrom/Yzerman/Datsyuk. I think Lidstrom takes it for me.

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? Shanahan - no doubt

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? She Weber. I've wanted him for years and even though he's become sort of the popular blog/forum discussion when concerning the Wings it'd still be amazing

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Fedorov

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Jason Williams' second go around with the team. Also, Todd Gill. Living in Toronto I see a ton of Leaf games and I always despised that guy

agreed. Hatcher was coming off a recent Norris Trophy nomination when the Wings stole him. The New NHL killed his career.

Or maybe it was the knee injury

Edited by mmamolo

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Yzerman - to me he is and always will be the Red Wings.

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...)Shanny - one of the best things for a long time was to hear the Irish Jig play

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Shea Webber

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Feds - I couldn't believe the way that played out.

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Hatcher

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Steve Yzerman without a doubt, he's the reason I became a die hard Red Wings fan...

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Brendan Shanahan was an awesome acquisition but Dan Cleary is my hometown boy, so...

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Drew Doughty (#1 choice) or Shea Weber (#2 choice) would be the best Lidstrom replacements in my opinion...

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Sergei Fedorov, don't get me started...

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Robert Lang, what we lost in the trade for this bum was ridiculous...

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Stevie by a nose over Lids

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Igor Larionov

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Shea Weber probably

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Marty Lapointe & Sergei Fedorov

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Brett Hull would be the one I never wanted that turned out OK. Uwe Krupp would be the other & we all know how that one turned out.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Steve Yzerman

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Brendan Shanahan

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Jevgenij Malkin

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Sergei Fedorov

Edited by Cloune

Just a topic to occupy us for a while in the off season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...)

* If you guys have any other questions to post feel free to join in!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1. The REAL #24. Bob Probert.

#2. Dominik Hasek

#3. Zdeno Chara. Because we need a 7 foot tall ogre to throw the opposing team out of the rink.

#4. Fedorov. No Question.

#5. Can't decide between Chris Chelios or Big Bert.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? All time - Yzerman, Current - Datsyuk

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Shanahan, Draper, Cleary

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? St.Louis

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Fedorov, Hossa/Bertuzzi (mostly for poor playoff performance, and the team they signed with)

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Lots actually (players in bold ended up liking, others I still disliked) Chelios, Ulf Samuelsson, Hatcher, Hasek in 06, Bertuzzi (07, 09), Drake, Williams, May, Commodore

I thought Shanahan could have retired a Wing after one more year in red and white. I wasn't totally bothered that he left.

For me, I don't get the Fedorov attraction either. He held out for a ridiculous amount of cash after winning the Cup in 1997 signed a contract with Carolina and clearly wanted out long before he left the team. Fantastic, unbelievably, fast skilled and versatile player but dear God, what a drama queen. He rejected $10 million a year (pre-lockout) to play for the Wings when he was UFA.

I knew he wouldn't have the success elsewhere that he had with the Wings.

Just a topic to occupy us for a while in the off season.

* If you guys have any other questions to post feel free to join in!

1) My favorite Red Wings has to be Yzerman, no doubt!

2) Hasek has to be my one of my favorite players that joined the team.

3) The player I would love to see join the Red Wings would be Carey Price.

4) Has to be Federov & Hossa (Hossa cause I always wanted him as a Red Wing), Federov's move was really unclassy IMO. Leaving us to join the Ducks after the sweep.

5) Can't think of one but just to answer, it's probably Hudler with the cap he has.

1. Steve Yzerman

2.Brendan Shanahan

3.Jared Boll, John Erskine, Steve Downie, among others

4.Lapointe/McCarty(for Calgary)

5.Hudler when he came back from Russia.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Yzerman of course

2) Who was your favorite Detroit Red Wing player that joined the red wings? (Non drafted by Wings, could be threw Trade / FA / Waiver etc...) Shanny

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Forward - Stamkos, Defense - Weber

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Hudler, should have stayed in Russia.

1) Who is your favorite Detroit Red Wing player overall to wear the Red Wings Logo? Steve Yzerman

3) Which current player would you dream of them joining the Wings? Alexander Ovechkin

4) Which are the players that really "hurt / bugged" you when they left the Red Wings to join another team? Marian Hossa

5) Is there a player that you never wanted him on the team ... but eventually joined the team? Todd Bertuzzi.... But I'm definetly glad we have him now.

Edited by Dimaline312000