• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest 13GoWings40

Kris Draper announces retirement

Rate this topic

Sad to see the last of the Grind Line retire, but the contributions left by the "old guard" will be felt for a while yet. In their twilight seasons all of these guys have mentored and taught their trade to the young guns. That is what makes us the class of the League and builds 2 decades of postseason appearances. Congrats on a great career Drapes, thank you thank you thank you for all the memories, and I hope to see you at a recognition night this coming season along with Oz,

Query, is it possible to recognize the Grind Line in some manner at the Joe, I realize none were to Number Retirement level (#5 will be the next) but I would love to see some memorialization of that group of guys. Just IMHO.

Regardless thanks again Drapes.

Hell of a career by Kris Draper. It'll be sad to see him go. Only one guy left from the 90's era now...sad off-season in many ways, but I'm excited for the future of this team. I'm also glad that we keep guys like Draper, Osgood, Maltby, etc. in the organization.

this offseason just gets better and better.

Congratulations on receiving the first negative I have ever bothered to give out.

A man who always stood up for his team, and payed for it with his face. A true modern day warrior.

Thanks for all you have done over the years we will miss you #33

thats one thing one can never forget,draper scoring a goal with his beard.lol good times!!

Hell of a career by Kris Draper. It'll be sad to see him go. Only one guy left from the 90's era now...sad off-season in many ways, but I'm excited for the future of this team. I'm also glad that we keep guys like Draper, Osgood, Maltby, etc. in the organization.

Congratulations on receiving the first negative I have ever bothered to give out.

Sad to say Holmstrom is still paying <_<

Much like the Ozzy thread, it's more about not being an ******* than the actual truth of the statement.

A-effing-men.

Sad to say Holmstrom is still paying <_<

Yep, he's still paying - the high price of being the best net-front presence in the league. I'm glad that he's still playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4s9jbW3JhY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTE6IihYY-A

A man who always stood up for his team, and payed for it with his face. A true modern day warrior.

Thanks for all you have done over the years we will miss you #33

As a Rush fan, I have to do this....

A modern day warrior, mean mean stride. Today's Kris Draper, mean mean pride...

Another classic Wings player gone.

As a huge fan of Draper, I really wish he could've stayed another year. He and Kenny know better than us, though

Best of luck, Drapes.

I wish Draper all the best. I have many fond memories of him in the red wings uniform and to this day still look up some of those old wings avs games.

I'm glad he was on our team and he will be remembered.

To all the "retire already" Draper-haters, lay off. Drapes looked great this year and worked his tail off when at times most the team was taking nights off. He looked 10 years younger this year and I wouldn't have thought twice about letting Miller walk and letting Draper and Emmerton split his time. I think with how long Maltby was around, Draper got shafted.

Thank you for everything Kris, gonna miss seeing 33 on the ice, but it was time. Gonna be funny to see him and Malts sitting together in the press box at games, all the old guard are starting to retire but they'll never really leave the Wings.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Draper, thank you so much for servicing the Red Wings so well for many years. It is sad to see him go, but everyone needs to remember one thing: Never let people write you off, put you down, and say you can't do it(whatever the situation). I think Kris Draper is a great testimony to this. He got traded for one dollar for crying out loud. However, he didn't let that put him down, and he was able to have a fulfilling NHL career and was a great player and person.

Best wishes, Kris! What a great guy, inspirational and matchless in the dressing room, on the ice, and as a team-mate. None finer than our Drapes!

This is a sad day for me. There goes the last of an era, in my mind, the last of the Grind Line to hang 'em up. :(

I won't forget what he did for this team, sacrificing his face even, and acting as a catalyst for countless plays which swung a game our way. He might have only cost a dollar, but Kris Draper is absolutely priceless, in my book.

Love ya, Drapes. :wub:

Who's going to be the Birthday Bandit and toss shaving cream pies now? :ph34r: