• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

So I'm playing Be A GM Mode in NHL 10 for PS3. I don't have NHL 11 so I'm stuck playing NHL 10. Anyway I'm in season 2013/2014 of Be A GM Mode, As GM of the Detroi Red Wings I'm in the playoffs and I want to make 3 big trades at the Draft. Pavel Datsyuk is in his last year of his contract and he gets payed $7Mill I want to trade Pavs, Z, and The Mule. Zetteberg makes $6,375,000 and Franzen Makes $4,300,000. Both Zetter and Franzen will have 2 more seasons on their contracts after this season. What I want to do is trade them to help clear some cap and be have roster space for the players that are due to come up from Grand Rapids this off-season. Pavs is 35, Franzen is 34, and Zetterberg is 33 years old. I want to trade all of them for 3 1st Round Picks. Pavs, Z and Mule all consist of my Top line and I realize I'd probably be giving up about 200+ Points as Pavs usually gets 100 per season and Z and Mule about 50 or so each. If I do this I will have right around $20 Million in cap space, if I don't make the trades I'm going to lose about 4 or 5 good young players to waivers and only have about $8 Million in Cap Space but will only have about 1 spot open for some new blood. Now here's a little twister. My leading Goal Scorer is on My 3rd line and I really would like to move him up. Pavs is my leading point-getter but a CPU Created Player is my Leading Goal Scorer and he's on my 3rd line. So I'm asking for advice. Should I trade my 3 best players for 3 1st Round Draft Picks and have some cap space and roster space for bringing up som young players or should I keep Pavs, Z-Max, and The Mule and lose my prospects? What would you do and what do you suggest I do?

Edited by Dimaline312000, 26 July 2011 - 02:20 PM.

#2 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

I woudn't move them. Maybe one, but not all three.

#3 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

Who should I keep?? My first thought is to keep Pavs and Z since they are the Euro-Twins and are really good together but Pavs is the oldest and Z is the youngest of the three. If I only trade the Mule I'll only have maybe two spots open for players coming up from GR and I have about 5 players due to come up. Granted they aren't all forwards there is a few d-men but I'm not really planning on moving and D-Men becasue I have a rock solid Defense. Not to mention that after next season my Top line Center is due to come up and he has been the AHL's leading Point-Getter. I'm wondering if maybe I just don't trade Pavs and just not resign him. Who do you think I should keep? Thanks.

#4 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:19 PM

I know this thread is a little old but in NHL 11 I was shopping Franzen. For his rating/potentials and his contract numbers it was tough to keep him on the team. So hard to trade in that game though, or I expect to much in return.

You have no doubt already done what you have done but I would trade Franzen, keep the twins.

#5 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

I know this thread is a little old but in NHL 11 I was shopping Franzen. For his rating/potentials and his contract numbers it was tough to keep him on the team. So hard to trade in that game though, or I expect to much in return.

You have no doubt already done what you have done but I would trade Franzen, keep the twins.

As a matter of fact that's what I did, I wasn't able to trade ANY of them at the Draft becasue of all the other teams being to close to the Cap and not being able to absorb more salary, so what I did was kept Pavs and Z-Max and at the start of the following season I traded Franzen and actually got a 1st Round Pick for that season. So Thanks for the tip. Now I need a little help again. I just got NHL 11 for PS3 and I'm in Be A GM Mode again as the Red Wings GM. I use the Classic Controller Option becasue I just can't seem to get used to the way that EA Sports and the NHL Gaming series has done with it's controllers all the new things. I'm very happy with playing with Classic controls and have been for the past few NHL Games except now in NHL 11 I can't seem to do a One-Timer at all. The One-Timer has been my bread and butter since NHL 09 it's helped me tie games and win in OT Numerous Times and now I can't do it. Does anyone know how I can do a One-Timer with the Classic Controls?? I've tried all I can think of but just can't seem to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#6 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

As a matter of fact that's what I did, I wasn't able to trade ANY of them at the Draft becasue of all the other teams being to close to the Cap and not being able to absorb more salary, so what I did was kept Pavs and Z-Max and at the start of the following season I traded Franzen and actually got a 1st Round Pick for that season. So Thanks for the tip. Now I need a little help again. I just got NHL 11 for PS3 and I'm in Be A GM Mode again as the Red Wings GM. I use the Classic Controller Option becasue I just can't seem to get used to the way that EA Sports and the NHL Gaming series has done with it's controllers all the new things. I'm very happy with playing with Classic controls and have been for the past few NHL Games except now in NHL 11 I can't seem to do a One-Timer at all. The One-Timer has been my bread and butter since NHL 09 it's helped me tie games and win in OT Numerous Times and now I can't do it. Does anyone know how I can do a One-Timer with the Classic Controls?? I've tried all I can think of but just can't seem to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I usually end up trading away Zetterberg simply because I can never seem to be very good with him. I always keep Datsyuk, he's just always good in that game. Franzen is good for a season or two as a consistent scoring threat. In my GM modes for other teams I always try to get Datsyuk and Franzen, at any cost. I usually don't get anything of worth through the draft so I usually trade away my top picks and look for diamonds in the rough in late rounds. It always seems like I have to give way more than fair value to get anyone in a trade, though.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#7 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

Now I need a little help again. I just got NHL 11 for PS3 and I'm in Be A GM Mode again as the Red Wings GM. I use the Classic Controller Option becasue I just can't seem to get used to the way that EA Sports and the NHL Gaming series has done with it's controllers all the new things. I'm very happy with playing with Classic controls and have been for the past few NHL Games except now in NHL 11 I can't seem to do a One-Timer at all. The One-Timer has been my bread and butter since NHL 09 it's helped me tie games and win in OT Numerous Times and now I can't do it. Does anyone know how I can do a One-Timer with the Classic Controls?? I've tried all I can think of but just can't seem to do it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You really should try to get up to the new control systems, it will be hard at first but will improve your game allot. As for the one timers, I think it's a limitation of the old control system but can't be certain. I know I have one friend that still uses them and we trounce him all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users