• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

winger30

Jason Williams signs 1 year contract with Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

I wonder if they waive him before camp finishes, or halfway through the season.

There is not a player in recent memory I can think of that has been as much of a non-factor as Jason Williams. He's lazy, he's invisible, he's ineffective. So ineffective, in fact, that he joins and leaves teams without their fans even really noticing.

There is not a player in recent memory I can think of that has been as much of a non-factor as Jason Williams. He's lazy, he's invisible, he's ineffective. So ineffective, in fact, that he joins and leaves teams without their fans even really noticing.

But he's got the best backhanded shootout move in hockey history!

That was a weird year for hockey. The new rules created all kinds of crazy performances that were never seen from again.

You know, I never made that connection before. Very good point. A lot of those bizarre one year performances were indeed in 05-06.

That was a weird year for hockey. The new rules created all kinds of crazy performances that were never seen from again.

Interesting. I can see that players being overly careful with obstruction and physicality creating a chance for weaker players to be productive. Any more examples than Williams and Cheechoo?

Interesting. I can see that players being overly careful with obstruction and physicality creating a chance for weaker players to be productive. Any more examples than Williams and Cheechoo?

Well just by looking at a lot of guys stat sheets their best year was in 2006. Some guys that are relative nobodies like Jarret Stoll or Ales Kotalik never got close to the numbers they put up in that year. But other guys with good reputations like Eric Staal also scored way more than they ever did again. And then there are one year wonders like Brian Gionta.

Funny though, that some guys that it seems obvious they would've benefited heavily from that year actually had big time down years, like Marty St Louis and Jarome Iginla.

i love that williams signed in s***tsburgh. good fit cause i passionately hate the pens and williams is a soft turd.

+1 for 'soft turd'. I really appreciate the descriptive nature of that statement.

all justified ridicule aside guys, is it fair to say that Raffi Torres ruined Jason Williams career?

Only if you want to concede that Eaves's career was ruined by Armstrong.

Jason was nothing special up to that hit. After the hit he was still nothing special. Logic tells me that it didnt change anything.